Iceland Super Saver: Puffin Cruise Plus Whale-Watching Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewGet up close to Icelands majestic wildlife on this Reykjavik Super Saver that combines a 1-hour puffin cruise and a 2.5- or 3.5-hour whale-watching tour for a discounted price. Choose which days and in what order you wish to take the tours, then wrap up warmly and head for the harbor. Glide around the rocky shores of Akurey island and watch enchanted as puffins nest and dive into the sea for food. Then, on the whale-watching tour, set off through Faxafli Bay in search of minke whales, humpbacks and more.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourPuffin Express Cruise to Akurey from Reykjavik (1 Hour)
Select your choice of departure time, then after hotel pickup, board a comfortable boat for your cruise to Akurey, an island off the coast of Reykjavik that is known for its puffin population.
On board, snuggle up in one of the provided blankets and listen as your guide shares fascinating facts about the puffins that nest on the island between May and August. As you draw closer, peer through a pair of the boats binoculars for a closer look at these seabirds as they dive into the sea for food. You may also spot northern fulmars, gulls, Arctic terns and black guillemots.
After 15 minutes, arrive at the rocky shores of Akurey. Circle around the island for more observation time, then let the peace and quiet wash over you when the captain turns the engines off.
Your tour then concludes with a drop-off back at your hotel.
Whale-Watching Tour from Reykjavik (2.5 or 3.5 Hours)
Choose from a leisurely 3.5-hour cruise or an express 2.5-hour high-speed boat version, then begin with a hotel pickup. Hop inside a comfortable transfer vehicle and travel to Reykjaviks Old Harbor, where youll board your luxurious, whale-watching boat.
Find yourself a spot on deck and pull on a pair of provided overalls to shield you from the cold, then listen as your guide explains what species of marine life you can expect to see during your cruise.
As your boat breaks away from land, look out for harbor porpoises, white-beaked dolphins, minke whales and humpback whales. With 90% whale-spotting success, this Faxafli Bay cruise provides a fantastic chance to see whales. In the unlikely event that you dont spot a whale, you will receive a complimentary ticket for another boat ride.
If you feel cold during your cruise, make for the cozy inside viewing area, where you can defrost with hot chocolate, coffee, tea and snacks (own expense). After 2.5 or 3.5 hours, your experience ends with a drop-off back at your hotel.
Please note: You can choose to take the tours on the same day, or across separate days during your Iceland vacation.
Inclusions for Iceland Super Saver: Puffin Cruise Plus Whale-Watching Tour From Reykjavik
- Free Wi-Fi on whale-watching cruise
- Protective wear on whale-watching cruise
- Binoculars and blankets on puffin cruise
Exclusions for Iceland Super Saver: Puffin Cruise Plus Whale-Watching Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Warm clothes recommended
Please note: You will need to reconfirm your cruise times with the supplier, refer to voucher for further details
Hotel pick up: Available to book directly with supplier (extra fees apply).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sea-Fishing Tour from Reykjavik
- Extended Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Day Trip Including Touch-Screen Multi-Language Audio Guide from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to Iceland's Beautiful South Coast from Reykjavik
- 'Underworld' Lava Caving and ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Super-Jeep Tour and Snowmobiling