Icelandic Horse Riding And Express Whale Watching Tour From ReykjavikWrite a Review
From USD 271.99
OverviewCombine an Icelandic horseback riding tour and high-speed whale watching cruise on a day trip from Reykjavik. Suitable for all abilities, the experience starts with a 2.5-hour ride through moors and lava fields by sturdy Icelandic horse. Enjoy free time for lunch at Reykjavik Old Harbor, and then board an express boat to speed across Faxafli Bay to the whale watching sites in super-fast time. Look for whales, dolphins and porpoises and more!
- Instant Confirmation
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get up-close to native wildlife
Know More about this tourStart with a pickup from your Reykjavik hotel, and travel to the stables, just outside the city. On the road, learn about Iceland’s native horses, a breed that descends from horses brought to the country in the 10th century. The small horses are known for being easy to ride due to their tölt, a four-beat gait that makes for a smooth ride across the rugged terrain.
With your helmet on, listen to a safety briefing, and then follow your experienced guide out of the stables. Stop to take photos of the lava-covered landscape, and make your way along trails that wind through remote moorland and fields.
After around 2.5 hours, return to the stables and transfer to Reykjavik Old Harbor. Enjoy free time for lunch (own expense), and then board your high-speed boat. Custom-made for whale watching, the hi-tech boat is one of the fastest whale watching vessels in Iceland.
Put on your coveralls and settle on deck or in the indoor cabin. Then, enjoy the views and listen to commentary as you speed into Faxaflói Bay. Look for whales, porpoises and white-beaked dolphins and keep your camera ready — the trips have a 90% success rate for sightings. In the unlikely event you don’t spot any whales or dolphins, receive a complimentary ticket for another trip.
Refuel with refreshments from the onboard cafe, if you wish, and then return to the harbor. Finish with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Icelandic Horse Riding And Express Whale Watching Tour From Reykjavik
- Professional guide
- Use of riding helmet
- Use of coveralls
- Live commentary on cruise
- Onboard Wi-Fi
Exclusions for Icelandic Horse Riding And Express Whale Watching Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Hotel pick up: Available to book directly with supplier (extra fees apply).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Northern Lights Night Tour From Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Classic Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Iceland South Coast And Jokulsarlon Lagoon Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Gulfoss And Geysir Express Half-Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Grand Golden Circle Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Lava Caving At Leidarendi With Transport From Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Viewing Cruise From Reykjavik
- City Sightseeing Reykjavik
- 1 Hour 'Mountain Safari' ATV Quad Adventure From Reykjavik
- Reykjavík Grand Excursion