Icelandic Horse Riding Tour And Whale Watching Cruise From Reykjavik
OverviewDevote a day to Iceland’s animal life, both at sea and land, on this 8-hour experience from Reykjavik. Head for a stable outside the city and enjoy a 1.5-hour ride on a sturdy Icelandic horse. As you follow an expert guide, cross rugged moors and farmland on established riding trails, and stop to admire the scenery and snap photos on route. Afterward, enjoy a 3-hour whale watching cruise and search for humpback and minke whales, dolphins and porpoises in Faxaflói Bay — just don’t forget your camera!
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourThe tour starts off with a pick upfrom your hotel that takes you to the beautiful town of hotsprings in Hverageri. As the drive is roughly 35 min. you can enjoy the beautiful scenery and sights on the way to the stables. Once at the Eldhestar horse farm they will teach you all the tricks to riding an Icelandic horse (if needed) and lend you safety gear and warm clothing for the journey ahead. The 1.5-2 hr. riding tour is set in the scenic surroundings of the farm, which means the best riding routes available each time. Depending on weather, you may ride acrossthe river Varm and through a long hardened lava field area, ending on good riding paths in the meadows south of the stables with the beautiful nature of the area all around you. Once back at the horse farm you will be given light lunch before being driven back to Reykjavik, just in time for your whale watching tour, starting at 13:00.
Whale watching departure point is by our ticket office in the Old Harbour of Reykjavk. We will take you out in to Faxafli bay or nearby area, wherever the whales and their food is abundant and where the probabilities to see them each time are good. In summer we are likely to encounter Minke whales, harbour porpoises and dolphins and in winter we can expect to see larger species such as Humpback whales and even Orcas! On board you will find all facilities you may expect, such as indoor saloons equipped with toilets and an on board caf where we sell light refreshments. If the weather is chilly you may even grab one of our warm overalls for lend on board, a rain jacket or a blanket. After the tour you will be driven back to your hotel in the Reykjavk area.
Inclusions for Icelandic Horse Riding Tour And Whale Watching Cruise From Reykjavik
- Pickup and drop of to your hotel
- Excellent guidance on both tours
- Free WiFi on board boat
- 3 hr. whale watching
- 1,5-2 hr. horse riding
- Warm clothing on both tours
- Necessary safety equipment
- Light lunch at horse farm
Exclusions for Icelandic Horse Riding Tour And Whale Watching Cruise From Reykjavik
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Please dress warmly for both activities
In the case of non-sighting tours you will be given a complimentary ticket to use on another boat ride
In the case of cancellation due to bad weather conditions you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
Please note that to take part in the horse riding element of the tour, travelers must weigh less than 240 pounds (110kg)
This is a full day tour with light lunch included.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.