OverviewDevote a day to Iceland’s animal life, both at sea and land, on this 8-hour experience from Reykjavik. Head for a stable outside the city and enjoy a 1.5-hour ride on a sturdy Icelandic horse. As you follow an expert guide, cross rugged moors and farmland on established riding trails, and stop to admire the scenery and snap photos on route. Afterward, enjoy a 3-hour whale watching cruise and search for humpback and minke whales, dolphins and porpoises in Faxaflói Bay — just don’t forget your camera!
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourStart your experience with a pickup from your centrally located Reykjavik hotel. Board your comfortable transfer vehicle and travel to a stable just outside the city.
When you arrive, listen to a safety briefing. Whether you’re a novice or seasoned rider, the sure-footed Icelandic horses are gentle by nature and known for their tölt, a four-beat gait that enables them to cross all terrains smoothly and feels very comfortable for riders.
Get acquainted with these small and sturdy animals, and hear how they descended from horses brought to Iceland in the 10th century. Then, put on your supplied riding helmet and coveralls, and, after a practice ride, set off behind your guide. Soak up the surrounding landscapes as you cross open moors and follow trails through fields and farmland. Get accustomed to the tölt gait and make regular stops to snap photos of the scenery.
After around 1.5 hours on horseback, return to the stable and travel by minivan to the old harborside in Reykjavik. Here, board a whale watching boat and put on your supplied coveralls to keep you warm. Find a spot on the outdoor viewing decks or in the cabin as you pull away from land.
Watch for porpoises, white-beaked dolphins, minke whales and humpbacks whales in the waters of Faxaflói Bay. Hear fascinating commentary about marine life in the area and keep your camera handy — these trips boast a success rate of 90% for sightings! In the unlikely event that you don’t spot any whales or dolphins, you’ll receive a complimentary ticket for another boat trip.
Relax in the cabin in between spells on deck and refuel with refreshments (own expense) from the onboard café whenever you wish during your trip. After around three hours at sea, return to dock and end your experience with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Icelandic Horse Riding Tour And Whale Watching Cruise From Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Use of a helmet, coveralls and raincoats (if required) for horse riding
- Wi-Fi access on board the boat
- Use of warm coveralls on whale watching boat
Exclusions for Icelandic Horse Riding Tour And Whale Watching Cruise From Reykjavik
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase on the boat)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Please dress warmly for both activities
In the case of non-sighting tours you will be given a complimentary ticket to use on another boat ride
In the case of cancellation due to bad weather conditions you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
Please note that to take part in the horse riding element of the tour, travelers must weigh less than 240 pounds (110kg)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Northern Lights Night Tour From Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Classic Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Iceland South Coast And Jokulsarlon Lagoon Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Gulfoss And Geysir Express Half-Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Grand Golden Circle Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Lava Caving At Leidarendi With Transport From Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Viewing Cruise From Reykjavik
- City Sightseeing Reykjavik
- 1 Hour 'Mountain Safari' ATV Quad Adventure From Reykjavik
- Paragliding Tandem Experience From Reykjavík