Icelandic Sagas And A Volcanic Cave Private Tour - ReykjavikWrite a Review
Explore VÃÃ°gemlir volcanic lava cave, Icelandâs largest volcanic Cave on this 11-hour tour. Departing from Reykjavik, make stops at the Settlement Centre in Borgarnes, Icelandic Museum of Agriculture, Deildartunguhver hot springs, and Hraunfossar waterfalls on the way to the Cave.
Know More about this tour
Your tour begins at 9:30am at your hotel or other accommodation in Reykjavik where your guide will pick you up. From there, drive under the Hvalfjordur Fjord to your first stop, the Settlement Centre in Borgarnes.
Enjoy coastal views with mountains in the backdrop as you drive inland from the coast to the highlands.
Make stops at Deildartunguhver hot springs and Hraunfossar waterfalls before stopping in the small town of Husafell.
Located in the highlands region, Husafell is the staging post to the basecamp at the foot of Langjökul glacier. Take time to stretch your legs and enjoy the included lunch buffet.
Experience the full size of the mighty cave Víðgelmir first hand. Enter the cave using the aid of our all-new walkway. At its end
we leave the civilised cave worldbehind and venture on. This part of the cave has seen few visitors from the time it formed about 1100 years ago.
Deep inside the cave are extremely well kept stalagmites and stalactites. Getting there how ever takes time! Through boulder fields and rugged terrain we seek out the rarely seen depths of the cave. These rock formations are very delicate and thus are not found in caves that have had many past visitors as many caves have seen damages done to them. It’s a pristine environment frozen in time, so tread lightly.
Inclusions for Icelandic Sagas And A Volcanic Cave Private Tour
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch buffet at Husafell Bistro
- Private tour to Húsafell and back
- Entrance fee to The Settlement Center in Borgarnes
- Entrance and English-speaking guide in The Cave (not private)
Exclusions for Icelandic Sagas And A Volcanic Cave Private Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved.
Caving Duration: 4hrs
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, it can get cold in the cave.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.