Ihlara Valley Tour From Cappadocia: Derinkuyu Underground City, Selime Monastery And Yaprakhisar
OverviewDiscover stunning Ihlara Valley in the south of Cappadocia on this unforgettable full-day tour. Traveling by air-conditioned coach, your tour passes through this incredible volcano-created valley, stopping at intriguing sites on the way. Head below ground to explore Derinkuyu Underground City and find secret tunnels in Selime Monastery. See where scenes from the Star Wars movies were filmed in Yaprakhisar and soak up panoramic views of Cappadocias magical landscape.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourLeave your Cappadocia hotel and travel by air-conditioned coach to Derinkuyu Underground City -- the deepest of the regions intriguing subterranean cities. Carved by Turkeys prehistoric Troglodytes, this incredible underground world contains courtyards, stables, churches and wineries all intertwined in an extensive network of tunnels. Explore underground with your guide and see where ancient civilizations once worked, slept and worshipped.
Near Derinkuyu is Ihlara Valley a 10-mile (16km) gorge that was formed thousands of years ago from a volcanic eruption. The valley is a popular route for hikers who come to be at one with nature and see its rock-carved churches scattered along its path. Rather than walking the full length of the gorge, enjoy its beauty from the comfort of your coach as you follow it along Melendiz River. Stop for lunch on the way and relax before your tour continues.
At the northern edge of the gorge is Selime Monastery, so stop here to explore. This fascinating complex was carved into the rock face by monks in the 13th century and comprises a church, kitchen and stables with feeding troughs. Wander around the secret passageways and peer out of its open tunnel windows for panoramic views over the valley.
Before returning to your hotel, enjoy a final stop at the cave village of Yaprakhisar, nested into the Ihlara Valley canyon, to see the legendary Yaprakhisar panorama. Several scenes from the Star Wars movies were filmed here and the viewpoint boasts unforgettable views of the cave village, Selime Monastery and countless fairy chimneys.
Inclusions for Ihlara Valley Tour From Cappadocia: Derinkuyu Underground City, Selime Monastery And Yaprakhisar
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fee to Derinkuyu Underground City
Exclusions for Ihlara Valley Tour From Cappadocia: Derinkuyu Underground City, Selime Monastery And Yaprakhisar
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.