OverviewExperience the natural phenomenon of Ijen blue fire on this full day, small group trekking tour. This attraction can only be seen in Indonesia and in particular Banyuwangi, East Java. The fire came out from the belly of the mountain, and because of the chemical reaction between the gas temperature and sulphur, there is a blue fire. This is a photographer’s heaven trying to get the best photos of this exotic blue fire. You can see the fire during the night, and afterwards complete it with views of the fantastic landscape of the largest acid lake in Java, the Ijen Crater.
- See the sights illuminated at night
- All-inclusive tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourYour tour begins at 12am (midnight) depending on where you are staying. You will be picked up from your accommodation in Banyuwangi City by your driver in a 4WD vehicle.
The journey to the departure point of your trek will take approximately 1 hour when you arrive at the parking area. You will then be given a briefing and your safety equipment including mountain jacket, torchlight, gas mask, mountain shoes, gloves, hat and trousers.
Your trek will take between 1 – 2 hours to reach the top. The route is approximately 3 kilometres which is divided into 3 parts, being 800 meters slightly uphill, 1 kilometre uphill and then 1.2 kilometres flat. During your trek, you can meet some of the strongest men in the world who are sulphur miners. These minors carry the sulphur which weighs around 60 to 80 kilograms with bamboo's sticks in their shoulder.
Upon arrival at the summit, if the weather is clear, you can see the blue fire and also the Milky Way. You will be guided down to see the blue fire for the best photographs depending on the weather conditions and wind direction as your safety is paramount. From the view point’s, you can take photos of Ijen blue fire, and also the mining activity with the traditional technique using iron sticks and no safety tools for the miner.
You will then get to see the largest acid lake on Java Island, Ijen Crater. It will take around 1 hour to get back down to the bottom. At 7am you will get back to the parking lot for your transfer back to your accommodation.
On the trip back you will be able to stop at the coffee and cloves plantation. If lucky, you can see the harvest activity with traditional technique.
Inclusions for Ijen Blue Fire Trekking Tour
- Pick up services and transfer out on selected area or hotels back to back
- 1 Unit land transportation with driver, fuel and all transport charge
- English Speaking Guide (not use miners / students)
- Daily Mineral Waters
- Free coffee break (coffee, tea, milk)
- All entrance ticket for International visitors
- Gas mask respirators and torchlight
- Private tours
- Insurance Covers
Exclusions for Ijen Blue Fire Trekking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 18 years
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for participants with back problems
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Visitors who suffer from asthma, hypothermia and vertigo etc can not do this tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.