OverviewEscape into the Cretan countryside with a walk through Imbros Gorge, a cool, rocky ravine that makes for an easy walk. Stroll for about 5 miles (8 km) through the captivating gorge with an expert local guide, passing mountain villages and the impressive White Mountains. Visit one of the villages and then drive to Frangokastello, an old Venetian castle, where your guide will tell you about its history. Finally, cool off with a refreshing dip in the Libyan Sea. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourHiking in the countryside is a great thing to do on Crete, an island full of beautiful, inviting gorges with stunning views. Samaria is one that many people visit, but it’s a strenuous trek. Imbros, though, is a gorge for everyone, a rocky but easy 5-mile (8-km) walk.
After your hotel pickup in a comfortable, air-conditioned shuttle van, travel to Imbros Gorge with your guide. Begin your walk and take in the beauty of the limestone gorge. Pass the lovely villages of Vrisses, Askifou and Imbros, stopping in one for a taste of sfakia pita, a cheese bread topped with locally made honey, or Greek mountain tea (snack changes depending on which day you travel).
In the village of Komitades, the terminus for the hike, enjoy some free time to explore the village and eat a nice, leisurely Cretan lunch (not included). After lunch, drive to Frangokastello, an imposing castle built by the Venetians in the 14th century as a garrison to impose order on the rebellious locals. Your guide will discuss the history of the castle before you have free time to explore it. Cool off afterward with a dip in the Libyan Sea. At the end of the tour, relax on the drive back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Imbros Gorge Hiking Day Trip Including Traditional Cretan Snack
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from stated zones in itinerary)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
Exclusions for Imbros Gorge Hiking Day Trip Including Traditional Cretan Snack
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (2 Euros approximately)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring sun screen, towel, bathing suit and your camera
Please wear comfortable shoes
This trip is not recommended to travelers with medical issues
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.