Imlil Village Day Trip & Atlas Mountains From Marrakech - Marrakesh
OverviewEscape the heat of Marrakech and drive into the Atlas Mountains. Ride a mule and pass berber villages and enjoy the stunning views of the countryside. Enjoy a traditional lunch in a Berber house and take a short walk with your driver before driving back to Marrakech.
Know More about this tourAtlas mountains and imlil day tripis one of the most spectacular day trips from Marrakech if you desire to get out of the city and delve in the authentic and rural side of Morocco. We will start our Imlil day trip at 09am from marrakech by a 4WD vehicle or mini van for 2 hours drive south up the Moulay Brahim Gorges, and theberber village of Asnivery popular for its weekly market every saturday then to Imlil Crossing a vibrant green valley that stays fresh and lush even during the hottest days of the summer. Imlil is a small village at the foothills of the highest mountains in Morocco Toubkal mountain. Imlil is the center to hire mountain guides and mules due its unique possition and its connection to several berber villages and a very popular start point of treks and hiks for climbing Toubkal mountain. Arrival to Imlil here we shall leave our vehicle to take mules for around 40 minutes towards the south to the Berber village of Aroumd (Aremd) (1843m) set in the upper level foothills of the Western High Atlas mountains, a main trailhead with streams and paths branching out in all directions to get our lunch which will be served in a berber house in the village of Aroumd. Afterwards you can take a short walk before we return to Marrakech.
WHY CHOOSE IMLIL OVER OURIKA?
One might ask, what's the difference betweenOurika valleyand Imlil day trip, and it is a smart question, so here is your answer: Ourika is a very touristic attraction among travel agencies, foreigners accustomed to Morocco, and locals, you would struggle to find a parking spot in Ourika during hot days and mmaybe wait in line for each difficult hike which is not that bad after all. Second, The hike in Ourika is relatively short and demands quite some effort since you're doing it on foot, while in Imlil, you will ride the mules from the village of Imlil up to Aroumd where you'll have lunch, and our host has guides that will accompany you and guide the mules all the way, this gives you a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the experience, the scenery, the ride and the discussions and not be exhausted. The mule ride is also a big help for the photography fanatics because you're not watching each step you take in the rocky road and you can focus on taking some extra ordinary picutres. Imlil is also less touristic so it's quite rare that you encounter other tourists especially during the hike from Imlil to Aroumd except maybe for some professional hikers taking a challenge against the mount Toubkal.
Inclusions for Imlil Village Day Trip & Atlas Mountains From Marrakech
- Pick-up from your hotel, riad, or accommodation in Marrakech.
- Drop off at your hotel, riad or accommodation in Marrakech
- Transport by private vehicle
- Lunchis included in a berber house in aremd village
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 2 mules to go to the foothills of Toubkal Mountain to have lunch in a berber house.
- English speaking driver and host
- Non touristic area
Exclusions for Imlil Village Day Trip & Atlas Mountains From Marrakech
- Alcoholic drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 7 days private tour from Marrakech (Roam Morocco Package)
- Private Desert Excursion 2 nights 3 days for 2 people to Merzouga erg chabi wit 2 nights accommodation
- 4-Day Authentic Desert Tour From Marrakesh
- 4-Day Desert Tour From Marrakesh
- A cultural mule riding day trip in the Atlas Mountains !
- 3 days private desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga Sahara camp and Chefchaouen
- Full-Day Private Guided Tour of Marrakech Highlights
- 2-Hour Agafay Desert Quad Biking in Marrakech