JoinableImpruneta Terracotta & Chianti Wine Tour
- Enjoy a fascinating morning exploring a Ancient Kiln
- The furnace is a traditional one with an external arcade and an ample courtyard. Still today the production of this factory is traditional with its handmade artistic terracotta but, at the same time, it is an almost industrial, especially for its cladding.
There is an important collection of cotto materials, displayed in the inside garden, which witnesses the history and the development of the cotto casts. In this collection there are some statues, created for different buyers, and among them there is one for the Olympic games of 1936 in Berlin. There are almost 3000 plaster casts made in the 40s which can still be produced.
TheFactorystill preserves different typologies of kilns: from the most ancient wood-burning ones to the modern methane ones. One of the most ancient kilns has been restored and now it is in perfect condition.
Joinable Wine Tour in Chianti Wine Region
- Visit a Boutique winery in Chianti Wine Region (light lunch included)
- Tasting the famous Chianti Wines
- Visit the underground wine cellars
- Time to stop for photos