In The Footsteps Of George Washington: Spirit Day Cruise To Mount Vernon - Washington D. C.
OverviewVeer from the standard Washington, DC, tourist path with this insightful 6.5-hour Mount Vernon cruise and tour. Your Mount Vernon boat tour kicks off with a narrated ride up the scenic Potomac River, taking you to George Washingtons plantation estate in Fairfax, Virginia. When you arrive at the former presidents historic home, you have free time to roam the grounds and tour the house while soaking up its fascinating history.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourBoard your Mount Vernon cruise at Pier 4 in Washington, DC, and head to the outdoor decks to enjoy the fresh air and views of famous landmarks along the Potomac River. While you cruise, listen to historical facts from the onboard narrator.
Disembark the boat at Mount Vernon, George Washington's 45-acre (18-hectare) 18th-century Palladian-style estate. You have about three hours to spend here retracing Washingtons footsteps, wandering through the propertys intriguing nooks and crannies. See the intimate study room, the grand dining room, the former slave quarters and the kitchen.
A visit to Mount Vernon is not complete without a stroll around the estates four gardens, where its easy to see why the beloved home of George and Martha Washington has been declared a National Historic Landmark. Check out the Colonial Revival garden, which once grew vegetables that supplied the presidents meals, or find George and Martha resting peacefully near the river and fruit garden.
If you get hungry, the estate hosts a range of restaurants (own expense). Then enjoy the leisurely boat ride back to DC.
Inclusions for In The Footsteps Of George Washington: Spirit Day Cruise To Mount Vernon
- Admission ticket to Mount Vernon estate and gardens
- Potomac River cruise
Exclusions for In The Footsteps Of George Washington: Spirit Day Cruise To Mount Vernon
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The White House as an Office Walking Tour
- Musings with a White House Gardner Walking Tour
- The White House as a Home Walking Tour
- Luxury Day Tour With Hotel Pickup Plus Potomac River Cruise
- DC Smartphone Photo Safari at Night
- George Washington's Mount Vernon by Water Cruise
- 2.5-Hour U.S. Capitol Building and Capitol Hill Walking Tour
- See the City Segway Tour