In The Footsteps Of Napoleon: The Chateau De Malmaison And The Arc De Triomphe - Paris
OverviewJoin us as for a visit to a delightful chateau on the edge of Paris, as we follow in the footsteps of one of the most remarkable men in history, Napoleon Bonaparte, and his beloved wife Josephine. Discover not only his awe-inspiring military and political career and eventual downfall, but also the more confidential side of his life at the Chateau of Malmaison, set in gorgeous, tranquil gardens. Return to Paris to conclude your day on the top of the magnificent Arc de Triomphe, constructed to proclaim Napoleon's triumphs, where you will enjoy some of the best views across the city.
- Reserved entry time and tickets to the beautiful Chateau de Malmaison
- Skip the line tickets to the top of the Arc de Triomphe for a bird’s eye view of Paris
- End your tour on the world famous Champs Elysées
Know More about this tour
Meet your expert local guide in a location in the city center and board a luxury coach for the short trip to Malmaison, the enchanting chateau that was once the countryside home of Napoleon and the love of his life, his first wife Josephine de Beauharnais. Step back in time as your guide leads you around the house, its luxurious rooms still furnished as they would have been at the time of this legendary couple. Admire their remarkable portraits, intricately decorated rooms and furniture. Learn of their love affair through to the tragedy of their divorce, all set within the pomp and grandeur of Napoleon’s public life as General and Emperor.
You will also see the gardens where Josephine lovingly nurtured her now famous roses, and be able to enjoy the tranquility of this exquisite corner of countryside, seemingly so far from the noise and power of the city. Yet this house also became a place of power when Napoleon was in residence, with many influential visitors passing through its doors. After their divorce, Josephine continued to live at Malmaison, and the power and prestige of Napoleon slowly declined, ending with his exile in 1814.
Board your coach for the short trip back to Paris, where your guide will lead you to one of the greatest monuments to Napoleon’s glories, and now one of the iconic symbols of Paris, the Arc de Triomphe. Enjoy skip the line access to the viewing platform on the top of the Arch, offering some of the best views of the city, including spectacular views of the Eiffel Tower. Don't miss the unique panorama of the star shaped boulevards radiating out below you, then spend your evening on one of the world’s most elegant streets, the Avenue des Champs Elysées. Your guide will be glad to provide suggestions to ensure you enjoy an unforgettable Parisian evening.
Inclusions for In The Footsteps Of Napoleon: The Chateau De Malmaison And The Arc De Triomphe
- Guided visit of the Chateau & Gardens of Malmaison
- Entrance ticket to the Chateau & Gardens of Malmaison
- Entrance ticket to the Arc de Triomphe
- Roundtrip transportation from central Paris to Malmaison by luxury air-conditioned motorcoach
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
Exclusions for In The Footsteps Of Napoleon: The Chateau De Malmaison And The Arc De Triomphe
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Museum Pass and Seine River Cruise Including Delivery to Your Hotel
- Invalides Army Museum and Cathedral Private Tour
- Paris Day Trip to Fontainebleau and Barbizon with Private Driver and Guide
- Paris Walking Tour: Christmas Food and Decorations
- Private Arrival Transfer from Paris Beauvais Till airport to City Center
- Paris to Versailles Round-Trip Coach Transfer