In Their Shoes Dachau Memorial Tour From Munich
OverviewDachau is one of the most well preserved camps in all of Europe and a visit to a camp should be on every travelers itinerary. Dachau was the first camp set up in NAZI Germany, was the model for all other camps and was the only camp running for the entire 12 years of the Third Reich. This authorized full tour of the Dachau Memorial is a half day tour traveling via train from Munich at 9:30 and arriving back approximately 14:30. Your guide will not only explain in detail the horrors of the camp system but the plight of the various victims that suffered under this brutal system of murder and oppression, the rise of the NAZI party and many other events that took place throughout the 3rd Reich and World War 2.
Know More about this tour
Leaving Munich Central Station at 9:30 you will travel via train with your authorized guide to the Dachau memorial site.
Our 5 hour tour of the Dachau Concentration Camp will cover all areas accessible to the public and the following.
- Rise of Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party throughout the 1920s up to his appointment as Chancellor in 1933
- Burning of the Reichstag and the formation of concentration camps
- The roll Dachau played as model for other camps
- 3 major phases of the camp system
- SS training facility
- Jourhaus (main gate house) with the infamous slogan ARBEIT MACHT FREI
- Liberation of the camp and the aftermath
- What happened at Dachau between 1945 and the unveiling of the Documentation center in 1965
- An in depth look at the concentration camp system, Ghettos and Extermination camps
- Registration of prisoners and their various categories
- Kristallnacht 1938 pogrom against the Jews and the first major influx of Jewish prisoners at Dachau
- Methods of torture and punishments
- International memorial and sculpture
- Medical experiments on prisoners
- A short color film of Dachau
- The bunker prison within the camp
- Daily lives of the prisoners and the barracks
- Religious memorials
- Perimeter fence
- Gas Chamber and Crematorium
Inclusions for In Their Shoes Dachau Memorial Tour From Munich
- Professional guide
- Public transport costs to and from the memorial site
Exclusions for In Their Shoes Dachau Memorial Tour From Munich
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Students can select the youth price category. Please note that the valid ID card must be presented on the day of the tour.
Refreshments and snacks are not available during the tour. Refreshments can be purchased at several locations at the station before meeting the tour.
The tour will be a mixture of indoors and out. Please check the weather beforehand and dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Neuschwanstein & Hohenschwangau VIP Tour from Munich
- One day in Belgium: Bruges and Brussels
- One-Day Tour to Zurich and Rhine Falls from Munich
- 2 Countries in 1 day
- Pearls of Austria- Salzburg & Hallstatt
- Evening Munich Beer Tour
- Day Trip to Slovenia from Munich
- Day Tour of Beautiful Bavaria - Neuschwanstein Castle and Zugspitze