Inca Jungle To Machu Picchu - Cusco
OverviewThis adventure is one of the best alternative treks in Cusco, it captures the majestic energy of Machu Picchu through ancient paths designed by the Incas and will make you feel alive and full of adrenaline. This tour lasts 4 days and includes adventure sports like biking, rafting, zip lining and trekking. Daily departures all year, advance Duration:4 days and 3 nights Location: Cusco, Peru Visits:Pispitayoc, Santa Teresa, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu
Know More about this tourDay 1: Cusco Pispitayoc (Biking and Rafting
After breakfast in Cusco, we will leave in private transport for 3 hours through picturesque villages and beautiful landscapes until reaching the Abra Malaga Mountain(4350mt). We will depart, descending on top scale mountain bikes for 3 hours going though rural villages, rivers, orchards and streams reaching the Huamanmarca Region. From there, our private bus will take the group to Santa Maria. After an excellent lunch we will start our rafting adventure(optional activity(+30.00 USD), encountering a.o. rapids class III and IV. Note: Those that did not book the rafting tour will go with an assistant guide in our private bus to Santa Rosa, arriving at the La Choza Eco Lodge, located in the Pispitayoc village where they can see how coffee is processed at the plantation and see how avocados are grown. Later, the rafting group will be taken to Santa Rosa and hike to the lodge.
Day 2: Pispitayoc (Ecolodge) - Santa Teresa (Trekking)
We will walk along the riverbanks and start climbing for 30 min. On our way we will see small coffee plantations, fruit trees, etc. In this area it is possible to see many types of plants, orchids and birds, we will be in the high forest and that is a paradise of biodiversity of the route. After arriving at the top of the mountain we will see the whole valley of Urubamba. The group will descend for 2.30 hr. aprox. to arrive at the village of Qellomayo. After a break we will trek for 3 hrs., going through farms, rivers, waterfalls until arriving at the hot water springs of Santa Teresa. We will have a break and later the group will continue walking for 40 min. until reaching the town of Santa Teresa, where we will sleep at a familiar house.Day 3: Santa Teresa Aguas Calientes (Zip line and Hiking)
We will continue exploring the roads less traveled. We will start at the town of Santa Teresa. The passengers that reserved in advance will do the zipline (later they will be taken by bus to the hydroelectric), the rest of the group will continue hiking for aprox. 3 hr. until reaching the hydroelectric too, where the whole group will rejoin. Here we will have a great lunch. After a break, the journey will continue along the path for 3 hr., going through waterfalls, coca and coffee farms until arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes. The group will be taken to the hostel around 4 pm. At night we will all get together in a restaurant to have a great dinner and have a briefing about the trek to Machu Picchu.Day 4: Aguas Calientes Machu Picchu Cusco
The group will get up early to go to Machu Picchu, following an ascending route through the high forest, we could have the chance to see the sunrise. The guide will show us the sanctuary for 2 hrs. aprox. Later the group will be free to enjoy Machu Picchu by its own. We return by walking to Aguas Calientes 18:20 to return by train to the city ollantaytambo and bus to cusco, arriving around 10:30pm.
Inclusions for Inca Jungle To Machu Picchu
- Transportation from Cusco Abra Mlaga
- Mountain Bikes, Helmets and Gloves
- A Private Bilingual Professional Guide
- Tickets for Cocalmayo hot springs
- The following meals: 4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners (Vegetarian Options Available)
- 2 Nights in a Local-Rural House with Basic Service (Shared Room)
- 1 Night of Hostel Lodging (Private Bathrooms and Hot Water)
- First Aid Kit
- Entrance Fees
- train tickets machupicchu to ollantaytambo
- bus ollantaytambo to cusco
Exclusions for Inca Jungle To Machu Picchu
- The Up or Down Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (US $ 24.00)
- The Lunch and Dinner during the Last Day
- All Personal Care items
- Tips/Gratuity for the Guide
- Optional activities Zipline or Canopy (US $ 30.00 per activity)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Bring Your Passport or a Copy
Your Full Name, Passport Number, Country and Expiration Date of Your Passport will be Required upon Booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 5-Day Tour to Machu Picchu: Salkantay Trek
- Lares Valley Inca Hot Springs Tour from Cusco
- Sacred Valley of the Incas Private Day Trip
- Moray Terraces and Maras Salt Mines Day Trip
- Half Day Touring and Exploring Ollantaytambo
- Private Full-Day Tour to The Archaeological Site of Pisaq in Sacred Valley
- Full Day Tour on the Sun Route from Cusco to Puno
- Private Full-Day Sacred Valley Tour with Pisac Ruins