Inca Quarry Trek To Machupicchu 4-Days - Cusco
OverviewThis trek is the best alternative if you planning to hike a non-crowded off the beaten track route. The trail was built by the Incas 500 years ago and still being used today by local communities to trade. Hiking the Inca Quarry you will enjoy amazing views, secluded waterfalls, Perus greatest cultural past, and experienced modern Incan communitys customs.HIGHLIGHTSFree airport transfer when arrive and leaveLive history shows, yoga & meditation sessionsSpiritual ceremonies, hot showers, buffet serviceProfessional highly trained tour guidesYou will find petroglyphs, waterfalls, lakes, flora and FaunaVisit the most remote Sun Gate overlooking the Sacred valleyVisit the largest Inca Quarry of the Inca empireInteract with Cachiccata villagers learning their life style
Know More about this tour
DAY 1: CUSCO RACCA SOQMA KORIMARCA
Departure will be from your hotel around 5:00am and drive to the sacred valley until the community of Racca; on the way we will be able to see the petroglyphs of Pachar and the Inca shrine of aupa Iglesia. After breakfast its a 2-hour uphill to the village of Soccma, place where lunch is waiting. The second part of your trek is a 3-hour hike uphill to Perolniyoc; which is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Cusco with its drop of 328 feet in the rock. To finally arrive to Qorimarca, a beautiful archeological site and spent the night in the surroundings.
DAY 2: QORIMARCA INTI PUNKU CHOQUETACARPO
Wake you up early in the morning with a cup of coffee in your tent. After breakfast it will be a 4-hour uphill to Charkahuaylla (4450m/14599ft) the highest point of this trek. At the summit our tour guide will perform a traditional offering ceremony to the mountain Apus. we will enjoy lunch at the banks of a beautiful lake to later start climbing our second and last mountain; Buena Negra (4370m/14300ft). Upon we reach the summit we will be rewarded with an spectacular view of the Sacred Valley making this trip a once-in-a-lifetime experience. As we continue downhill for 2 more hours to Intipunku (sungate), this is one of the most breath taking places overlooking straight to the veronica mountain. Our campsite is just few minutes down, calledChoquetacarpo (3600m/11811ft) right in the middle of the Inca Quarry.
DAY 3: CHOQUETACARPO KACHICCATA QUARRY OLLANTAYTAMBO AGUAS CALIENTES
Awakening in an extraordinary place facing the sunrise its a perfect day- to make it even more unreal today is all downhill, with ourfirst stop at theCachiccata Quarry; the biggest Quarry in the Inca empire.This quarry was abandoned together with Machupicchu and many other Incan sites due to the Spanish invasion. We will stop for lunch and interact with local villagers at the Cachiccata community, where our private bus will be waiting to take us to Ollantaytambo to explore the City and have Dinner in a local Restaurant to later take the train to Aguas Calientes where we spent the night.
DAY 4: MACHUPICCHU (LOST CITY OF THE INCAS)
On our final day we have to get up very early to prepare for Machu Picchu and take the bus. Your guide will take you on a 2 to 3-hour comprehensive tour of the city before leaving you in Machu Picchu to explore on your own or climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (must be booked as far in advance as possible). Your guide will explain how to take the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes for lunch and take the train and bus back to Cusco.
Inclusions for Inca Quarry Trek To Machupicchu 4-Days
- Transfer in and out from the airport hotel.
- Pre-departure briefing the night before at 6.30pm
- Pick up from your hotel
- All transportation from the beginning to the end
- Personal porter for your personal staff up to 7kgs
- Porters to carry food and equipment
- Chef to prepare all meals
- Professional English speaking tour guides
- Second guide for groups of 8+
- All meals included in our tours except last day lunch in Machupicchu
- 4 man tents for every 2 people
- Sleeping pad
- Entrance ticket to all places we visit
- Horse, horsemen and emergency horse
- Medical kit in all our tours
- Drinkable water
- Hot water for washing
- Hand towels
- Rain Ponchos
- All Taxes included
- Bus up and down to Machupicchu
- Expedition train round trip
Exclusions for Inca Quarry Trek To Machupicchu 4-Days
- Sleeping Bag (Can be rent from us).
- Inflatable mattress (can be rent from us).
- Trekking poles (can be rent from us).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain (need to be booked in advance).
- Machu Picchu Picchu Mountain(need to be booked in advance).
- Tips for our staff: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip as you wish.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.