Inca Trail 2 Days To Machupicchu Citadel With Vistadome Train With 3 Stars Hotel - Cusco
OverviewThe 2 day Inca Trail is an amazing option for those who don't have the time or desire to hike the full length of the Inca Trail. With beautiful scenery, a wide variety of flora and fauna on display and a visit to the Inca Trail's most beautiful site (Wiay Wayna), you get to enjoy the all the best bits of the Inca Trail condensed in to a one day walk. Covering a distance of just 10km / 6.3 miles the 2 day Inca Trail is not too challenging which makes it perfect for families with children and those on a tight schedule.
Know More about this tour
The itinerary below is a sample. Hiking times are an average and will vary depending on the group. Additionally, lunch sites may change to meet the needs of the group and conditions.DAY 1
We will take the early morning train to km 104 where we will cross the Rio Urubamba and begin a steady three hour hike uphill hike. We go past the archaeological site of Chachabamba and a waterfall before reaching Wiay Wayna (2650m), the largest of the sites along the Inca Trail complete with terraces, buildings, and a series of ritual baths. After a tour we join the traditional Inca Trail and hike along original Inca paving down through lush cloud forest to Intipunku, the Sun Gate.
From here we will be able to look down on Machu Picchu framed by the surrounding mountainsan unforgettable way to see the city. We will take photos, but instead of touring the city we travel down to Aguas Calientes (1900m) by bus where we will spend the night in a hotel. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, entertainments, and the hot springs to enjoy. 5 hours walking, 2050-2650-1900mDAY 2
After getting plenty of rest, we will wake early and take the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. Your guide will take you on a two hour tour of the ruins, after which you will have plenty of free time to explore the city, climb Huayna Picchu, or visit the Moon Temple and Inca Bridge. In the afternoon, we take the bus down to Aguas Calientes where we meet the train and head back to Cusco.
Inclusions for Inca Trail 2 Days To Machupicchu Citadel With Vistadome Train With 3 Stars Hotel
- Licensed guide fluent in Spanish, English, and Quechua.
- Inca Trail permits and entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- All transfers, including from your hotel to trailhead of km 104, bus to Aguas Calientes and to and from Machu Picchu, and private van back to your hotel in Cusco.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes. 3* Hotel
- Box lunch on 1stday and continental breakfast on 2ndday.
- Round-Trip Train. (Expedition Train Service)
- Emergency supplies including first aid kit, oxygen, and emergency radio.
- Bus to Aguas Calientes on the 1stday, and to and from Machupicchu on 2ndday.
Exclusions for Inca Trail 2 Days To Machupicchu Citadel With Vistadome Train With 3 Stars Hotel
- Breakfast not included on the 1stday. Lunch and dinner on the 2ndday.
- Optional climb to Huaynapicchu our Machupicchu Mountain.
- Entrance to hot springs or other entertainments in Aguas Calientes In order to protect this historic trail, only 500 people are allowed on the Inca Trail each day, including support staff.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
n order to secure a permit and entrance ticket to Machu Picchu, government regulations require full and current passport information for all trekkers. Permits are non-transferable and can sell out early, months in advance.
It is therefore important to arrange depature dates at the earliest opportunity. Climbing Huayna Picchu is an excellent addition to a trip to Machu Picchu. It offers superlative views, but is a steep climb that can take about three hours.
Entrance to Huayna Picchu is limited and at scheduled times; visitors must sign up for a spot in advance. If you would like to consider doing the climb, it is important to book it in advance. While not as physically demanding as the full Inca Trail, hikers should be in good physical condition.