Independent Bernese Oberland And Jungfrau Region Day Trip From Lucerne
OverviewEnjoy a day full of fresh mountain air and unforgettable Alpine scenery on this mostly independent day trip from Lucerne. Travel through the Bernese Oberland and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jungfrau region to the Swiss towns Interlaken and Grindelwald. Your multilingual guide will provide commentary on your coach ride to the pretty village of Grindelwald, where you'll have half of the day to explore on your own. Take the train to Interlaken and spend the rest of the afternoon experiencing the beauty of this lively resort town at your leisure.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourBoard the coach at the Lucerne Tourist Information Office in the morning. You'll be accompanied by a multilingual guide who speaks English, Spanish and German on your drive through the beautiful Bernese Oberland.
Take a quick coffee break (own expense) in Interlaken before continuing to Grindelwald, where you'll have about six hours to explore on your own. Your guide will provide you detailed written information about Grindelwald's sights, as well as a timetable for your train ride to Interlaken and details about where and when to meet in Interlaken for the coach ride back to Lucerne.
Set off on foot through the lovely village of Grindelwald, one of Switzerland's oldest resorts tucked in the stunning Bernese Alps. Head to a lookout point for views of the famous triple peaks of Eiger, Mnch and Jungfrau the crowning jewels of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jungfrau region as well as the Unterer Glacier, Upper Grindelwald Glacier (Oberer Grindelwaldgletscher) and imposing Wetterhorn mountain. Depending on the season, you can rent a trotti bike for a fun ride through the village or take the cable car to the sunny terrace of 'Mt First.'
Board an early afternoon train to Interlaken and spend the rest of the day as you please. Situated in the heart of the Jungfrau region, this unique town between two lakes is the adventure capital of the Bernese Oberland. Whether it's summer or winter, you'll have plenty of activities, dining and shopping opportunities to choose from.
Take the cable car to the top of Harder Kulm mountain or ride the family-friendly funicular to Heimwehfluh for sweeping views across Interlaken. Back on ground, head to the old quarter of Unterseen to visit the Jungfrau Region Tourism Museum, which chronicles the development of travel and tourism in Jungfrau over the past 200 years. This is Switzerlands first museum dedicated to regional tourism.
At the end of the day, reconvene with your guide and board the coach for a 1-hour drive back to Lucerne.
Inclusions for Independent Bernese Oberland And Jungfrau Region Day Trip From Lucerne
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Multilingual guide to and from Interlaken
- Train from Grindelwald to Interlaken
- Written information about the sights and train timetable
Exclusions for Independent Bernese Oberland And Jungfrau Region Day Trip From Lucerne
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Admission to attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2-Day Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Tour from Lucerne: Interlaken or Grindelwald
- Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Day Trip from Lucerne
- Small-Group Swiss Alps Day Trip from Lucerne
- Swiss Alps Day Trip from Lucerne: Jungfraujoch and Bernese Oberland
- Mt Stanserhorn Day Photo Tour Worlds First Convertible Style Cable Car
- Zurich Combo from Lucerne: Zurich Sightseeing, Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein