Travel from Zurich for a mostly independent day trip to the Swiss towns of Grindelwald and Interlaken, with transport included. Enjoy a coach ride through the Bernese Oberland to Grindelwald, and learn about the region from your multilingual guide along the way. After exploring Grindelwald on your own, take a train ride to Interlaken and soak up the scenery of the Jungfrau region from a different perspective.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourArrive at the Sihlquai Bus Terminal near the Zurich train station in the morning to board the coach. On board, meet your multilingual guide for a 2-hour ride through the idyllic Bernese Oberland countryside. Stop in Interlaken for a quick coffee break (own expense) before continuing to Grindelwald.
When you arrive in Grindelwald, your guide provides you detailed written information about Grindelwald's sights, a timetable for your train ride to Interlaken, and details about where and when to meet in Interlaken for the coach ride back to Zurich. Equipped with your helpful information, you can set off to explore the picturesque village of Grindelwald at your leisure.
Tucked in the stunning Bernese Alps, Grindelwald is one of the oldest resorts in Switzerland. Numerous lookout points afford views of the famous triple peaks of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau — the crown jewels of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jungfrau region — as well as the Unterer Glacier, Upper Grindelwald Glacier (Oberer Grindelwaldgletscher) and towering Wetterhorn mountain. Depending on the time of year, you can take the cable car ride to the sunny terrace of ‘Mt First’ or rent a trotti bike for a fun ride through the village.
In the early afternoon, take a 30-minute train ride back to Interlaken, where you’ll spend the rest of the day as you please. Situated between two lakes, this town is the adventure capital of the Bernese Oberland, offering summer and winter activities, great shopping and postcard-worthy scenery.
Take the family-friendly funicular to Heimwehfluh for sweeping views across Interlaken, or ride the cable car to the top of Harder Kulm mountain to take in Interlaken's surroundings. Back on ground, head to the old quarter of Unterseen. Here you can visit the Jungfrau Region Tourism Museum, Switzerland’s first regional tourism museum to showcase the development of travel and tourism in Jungfrau over the past 200 years.
Full of fresh mountain air and fond Alpine memories, meet your guide and relax on the coach ride back to Zurich in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Independent Bernese Oberland And Jungfrau Region Day Trip From Zurich
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Multilingual guide to and from Interlaken
- Train ticket from Grindelwald to Interlaken
- Written information about the sights and train timetable
Exclusions for Independent Bernese Oberland And Jungfrau Region Day Trip From Zurich
- Activities and entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Mount Titlis Day Tour From Zurich
- Zurich City Highlights With Felsenegg Cable Car Ride
- Jungfraujoch: Top Of Europe Day Trip From Zurich
- Rhine Falls Tour From Zurich
- Interlaken - Grindelwald In The Bernese Oberland (from Zurich)
- Revolutionary Zurich
- Discover The Best Art Galleries In Zurich
- Inside The Artist's Studio
- Snow Shoeing In Flumserberge
- Mt.Rigi And The Old Town Of Lucerne