Independent Half-Day Trip To Mount Vernon From Washington DC - Washington D. C.
OverviewTake a convenient half-day trip from Washington DC to Mount Vernon, the home of President George Washington. Listen to your driver share historical facts and anecdotes about Washington's life on your way to Mount Vernon, and then explore the lovely and historic site on your own. See the stately mansion in which the first US president and his family lived, and walk around the expansive grounds on the shores of the Potomac River.
Know More about this tourYour tour begins at Washington DC's Union Station, where you'll board your comfortable, air-conditioned coach and travel approximately 15 miles (24 km) to Mount Vernon, the elegant home of the first US president, George Washington.
Enjoy some free time to explore this 500-acre (200-hectare) estate on the banks of the Potomac River that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Tour the beautifully restored formal rooms and bedchambers in Washington's mansion, and wander the grounds to admire the gardens; demonstration farm; and working blacksmith shop, distillery and gristmill. See artifacts, films and exhibits relating to Washington's life and legacy at the Donald W Reynolds Museum and Education Center, and pay your respects at Washington's tomb.
Return to Washington DC and conclude your 4.5-hour trip to Mount Vernon at Union Station.
Inclusions for Independent Half-Day Trip To Mount Vernon From Washington DC
- All admissions
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Independent Half-Day Trip To Mount Vernon From Washington DC
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If the wheelchair is collapsible (i.e. can fold up) and the passenger is able to walk onto the bus, the passenger can take this coach tour without making any special arrangements
If the passenger is confined to the wheelchair, or it is not collapsible, the passenger or their agent will need to contact the tour operator two weeks prior to the departure of their tour to request a coach with a wheelchair lift. The contact details for the tour operator will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Abraham Lincoln's Washington Walking Tour
- National Mall Memorials Backstory Walking Tour
- White House and Lafayette Park Walking Tour
- Total DC Tour: American Art & DC Unveiled
- Small Guided Tour National Gallery of Art Renaissance to Impressionists
- Big Bus Washington DC Night Tour
- The White House as an Office Walking Tour
- Musings with a White House Gardner Walking Tour