Independent Old And New Delhi City Tour In Private Car
OverviewExplore the old and modern Delhi and discover their peculiarities. Join this full-day sightseeing tour and travel comfortably between the historic sites in an air-conditioned vehicle. In Old Delhi, you will visit Jama Masjid, which was built in 1656 by Emperor Shahjahan, the Red Fort which is known locally as “Lal Qila” and was the seat of the Mughal power until 1857, and the Raj Ghat, India’s most potent symbol of patriotism where the Gandhi Museum lies. You will also see Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the Humayun Tomb, built between 1562 and 1571, and the Qutub Minar with its minaret that is the tallest in the country. This tour will ensure that you will see the best and the most interesting places which are a must see in Delhi.
- Instant Confirmation
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourAfter a pick-up from your Delhi City Hotel you will go on a private tour of Old and New Delhi. Your first stop will be a walking tour of the Red Fort. In 1638 Shahjahan transferred his capital from Agra to Delhi and laid the foundations of Shahjahanabad. The Red Fort is enclosed by a rubble stone wall, with bastions, gates and wickets at intervals and is constructed in red sandstone and marble.
After visiting the Red Fort you will visit Jama Masjid, India's biggest mosque. In 1644, Shahjahan commenced this great mosque which was completed it in 1650.
After spending a 30 to 40 minutes at the mosque you will have a walking tour in the Chandni Chowk market. The market is along the Jama Mosque and in-front of the Red Fort. Chandi Chowk is an old and busy market where you can peruse many stalls which sell various things from spices to local handicrafts.
After spending a little time there you will be driven to Rajghat which holds the tomb of Mr. Mahatma Gandhi. After spending 30 to 40 minutes at the Rajghat, you will be driven to a nice restaurant to have lunch (own expense).
After lunch you will visit the New Delhi. Stop first at Humayun's Tomb, a tomb commissioned by Humayun's first wife Bega Begum in 1569-70 and designed by Mirak Mirza Ghiyas, a Persian architect chosen by Bega Begum. This is a UNESCO world Heritage Site, and the tomb proper stands in the centre of a square garden.
After spending a hour at the tomb you may proceed to visit the Lotus Temple. This temple is built in the shape of a lotus flower and is the last of Major Bahai's seven temples to be built around the world. Completed in1986, it is set among lush green landscaped gardens. The structure is made up of pure white marble and the architect Furiburz Sabha chose the lotus as a symbol common to Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Islam. Adherents of any faith are free to visit the temple and pray or meditate. Around the blooming petals there are nine pools of water which light up in natural light. The Lotus Temple looks spectacular at dusk when it is flood lit.
After your time at the Lotus Temple, proceed to Qutub Minar, is the 2nd tallest minar in India and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
After visiting the site, you will be driven to the Government Secretariat buildings where you will drive past the President's House, India Gate, Parliament House and Connaught Place.
After that, you will arrive at Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, which is a prominent Sikh gurdwara, or Sikh house of worship. Spend approximately 30 minutes here before proceeding to the Hindu Temple Laxminarayan (Birla Temple). This temple refers to Vishnu, Preserver in the Trimurti, also known as Narayan.
Later, you will be returned to your new Delhi City hotel.
Inclusions for Independent Old And New Delhi City Tour In Private Car
- One water bottle for each guest during the tour
- Monuments entry fee where applicable
- Exclusive private air-conditioned transport service with driver for all sightseeing
- All taxes, toll and parking fees, driver allowance, fuel charges, permit fee, driver meals
- All present applicable taxes
Exclusions for Independent Old And New Delhi City Tour In Private Car
- Boat/ferry ticket
- Camera ticket
- Any personal expenses such as portage, tips, wine, extra bottles of mineral water, telephone charges and all items of personal nature
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.