OverviewDiscover the rich cultural tapestry of Toledo on an informative and independent day-trip from Madrid. Travel by high-speed train to the sparkling city then set out to explore the sights on both a city coach tour and a hop-on hop-off bus. Enjoy free entry to four alluring attractions such as the Santa Maria la Blanca Synagogue and the Church of Santo Tom and dine upon a delectable 3-course meal at one of the citys most established eateries. Time is no constraint during your independent exploration as you can travel back to Madrid at a time suited to your schedule.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Excellent value for money
- All-inclusive tour
Know More about this tour
Climb aboard your high-speed train at Madrid Atocha Station and embark upon your journey to the ancient and attractive city of Toledo. Enjoy the scenery during the short 30-minute journey then disembark and begin your independent exploration.
Use your Toledo sightseeing pass to gain free entry to the Church of Santo Tomé, Santa Maria la Blanca Synagogue and San Juan de los Reyes Monastery. Enjoy skip-the-line admission to Primate Cathedral of Saint Mary of Toledo with your priority access pass.
Gain fascinating insight into the stories that shroud the city’s most significant sites on your comprehensive city tour; climb aboard a comfortable, air-conditioned coach and visit landmarks such as the Primate Cathedral of Saint Mary of Toledo, home to a collection of artistic masterpieces that spans from the 13th-century to present day.
Take advantage of your sightseeing ticket to travel between legendary landmarks like Puente de San martin and Plaza de Zocodover. Take photos at specific stops in order to ascend the Mirador El Valle (a vertiginous viewpoint of the Tagus River) and to explore the colourful Los Cigarrales neighborhood.
Conclude your delightful day with a delectable 3-course meal in La Abadia, Mercado de San Agustín or El 10 de Santo Tomé restaurants; select Spanish specialties from a set menu then return to Madrid at a time convenient to you.
Inclusions for Independent Toledo Day Trip: Toledo Card And High-Speed Train Transport From Madrid
- High-speed train Travel from Madrid to Toledo and back by high-speed train (AVE) in only 30 minutes.
- Departure at 09:20 h, return at 17:25 h or Departure al 10:20h, return at 18:25 h.
- Tourist bus + Guided tours
- Just after you arrive at Toledo's train station, enjoy a magnificent panoramic view of the city. Also, get a close look at the architecture of Toledo through an official guided tour of the Cathedral and its museums: 700 years full of art.
- Museums and monuments
- The card includes an admission to the main attractions of Toledo: the Primada Cathedral, the Church of Santo Tomé, the Sinagogue of Santa María la Blanca and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- Restaurants (If you choose the option with lunch)
- Get to know the Spanish gastronomy through this menú consisting of a first course, main course and a dessert in any of these restaurants: La Abadía, Mercado de San Agustín or 10 de Santo Tomé.
- In addition...
- You will receive your Toledo Card together with a leaflet with information about other services.
Exclusions for Independent Toledo Day Trip: Toledo Card And High-Speed Train Transport From Madrid
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Audio Commentary in the Bus
- The menu is not included for children, the payment is straight in the restaurant.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Inbound and outbound train tickets must be used on the same day
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Vegetarian meals are not available
The bus tour will begin from the Toledo railway station.
In order to visit the Cathedral, you should turn up to the Cathedral shop 15 minutes prior to the indicated opening times (C/ General Cisneros, 4).
Monday to Saturday: 11:10, 12:10, 14:10 h and 16.10h
Sunday: 14:10 h and 16.10h
Children under 4 years old travel for free, but its necessary to know how many of them are travelling in order to reserve them the seat in the train. Add them to the reservation by indicating how many passenger of this age are travelling to Toledo, before the billing screen.
The museum and guided tours of Toledo are free for children under 11 years of age (except the tourist bus).
The menu is not included for children, the payment is straight in the restaurant.