Industrial Brooklyn Walking Tour - New York CityWrite a Review
So many of Brooklyn's waterfront neighborhoods were once industrial hubs. Previously left to decay, these areas have found new life and are now growing again! How did a toxic Superfund site become one of Brooklyn's hottest neighborhoods? How did nearby Red Hook go from one of Life Magazine's "worst" neighborhoods in the United States 30 years ago to a trendy site of manufacturing and residential growth today? You'll learn about these changes and history of these areas, and see some gorgeous views!
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small-group tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tour
Your tour will begin in the Gowanus neighborhood of Brooklyn, named after the Gowanus Canal, which was declared a Superfund cleanup site by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 2010. Left to decay and ignored for decades, the neighborhood has seen an incredible rebirth. It has now become a trendy hotspot with residential growth and new restaurants and nightlife.
From there, we will walk to nearby Red Hook, which was settled by the Dutch in the 1600s. This neighborhood was key to the waterfront industrial economy of Brooklyn, and was formerly the largest container port in America. Previously an area with a rough reputation, it also has become a site of immense residential and business growth. We will by pass by growing new industries, with visits to small-batch factories and artist studios. You will also see the best views of the Statue of Liberty from land in NYC.
You will also have an opportunity to sample some of the great food these areas have to offer.
This is a great tour for urban explorers, artists, photographers, and history buffs.
Inclusions for Industrial Brooklyn Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Industrial Brooklyn Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour involves a couple hours of walking. Comfortable shoes recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.