Inle Lake And Sagar Trip
OverviewSagar, a recently opened to tourists and very few tourists have been visited. Relax and enjoy the scenic views and the many birds inhabiting the area. Visit famous Sunken stupas of Sagar. Experienced the production of local rice wine and to learn about the natural, underground kilns and watch the crafting of oil and water pots. A short trip to Inle lake to observe the local lifestyles , rice noodles and spun cotton can be see hanging out to dry and children returning from school etc.
Know More about this tour
Pick up at the hotel.
Pick up time: 08:00 am
Set off this morning for Sagar at the far southern region of Inle Lake. The area was only recently opened to tourists in 2003 and very few tourists have visited Sagar. Relax during the 3 hours ride and enjoy the scenic views and the many birds inhabiting the area.
Upon arrival, there are several stops that will be made. There is a local monastery and village to be visited here and the famous sunkenstupas of Sagar. 108 stupas from the 16-17th centuries are partially underwater for a few months a year.
Continue to the village of Thaya Gone, best known for its production of local rice wine. Watch the process of distillation and sample this local wine. Afterwards, climb to the top of a small hill for great views of the lake and villages.
Next, stop at the SaeKhaung Pottery Village. Learn about the natural, underground kilns and watch the crafting of oil and water pots.
Lunch will be arranged along the way (either picnic lunch or local lunch at a small restaurant).
Around 2.30 the boat will begin its journey back to the main section of Inle Lake. Witness different activities occurring on the water and in the villages during the afternoon hours. Rice noodles and spun cotton can be see hanging out to dry and children returning from school.
Youll reach your hotel early this evening in time to freshen up and watch the sunset.
Drop off to the hotel.
Drop off time: 05:00 pm
Inclusions for Inle Lake And Sagar Trip
- Private Boat to Sagar
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Inle Lake And Sagar Trip
- Hotel accommodation
- Inle Zone fees
- Travel insurance
- Additional meals, drinks, gratuities and personal expenses
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.