Innsbruck , capital of the alps, offers a unique mosaic of cultural history: the city has been shaped by the past but still continues to evolve with the times. Today, the magnificent and imperial historic buildings in the city centre meet attractive and groundbreaking modern landmarks. Several of Innsbrucks buildings are world famous, for example theBergisel Ski Jumpby Zaha Hadid and theGolden Roof.
- Departure from Bolzano at 8:30 am. Arriving time inInnsbruck approximately 10:30am.
- Ourtour starts at the famousHerzog Friedrich Streetin the centre of Innsbruck. We walk alongthis picturesque streetsurrounded by colourful faades, bay windows and charming arcades.
- We visit theGolden Roof, the crowning glory of the old town, a symbol of the medieval city of Emperor Maximilian I. We walk down to the medievalCity Tower. Withalmost 450 years, itrises up majestically from amongst the buildings in the old town providing a romantic and splendid view of Innsbruck.
- We continue through the arch by theImperial Palace,considered one of the three most significant cultural buildings in the country and once used by the Habsburgs. We cross the street and we walk until theCourt Church,a Gothic church built in 1553 by Emperor Ferdinand I (15031564) as a memorial to his grandfather Emperor Maximilian I, and that contains the tomb of Andreas Hofer, Tyrol's national hero.
- Our tour continues through the famousMaria Theresien Street, where we canadmire the magnificent Baroque architecture and savour the city panorama surrounded byNordkette mountain range. You can take a coffee and eat apice of cake in one of the manypavement cafs that this street hosts or you can stroll orshop around themagnificent buildings combined with wonderful shops ( the indoorKaufhaus TyrolandRathauspassage shopping centres).
- We drive toSwarovski Crystal Worlds:opened in 1995 to mark the centennial anniversary of the companys founding. Multimedia artist Andr Heller designed a unique and magical place. This beloved attraction has brought moments of wonder to over thirteen million visitors from all around the world. Visitors are surprised, touched, and perhaps even transformed by crystal in all its facets.
- During the return trip to Bolzano, we stop atVipiteno/Sterzingfor a short visit of the old city center.