OverviewPut the ice in Iceland with this day trip to Langjökull, the second largest glacier in Iceland. On this tour, your guide won't just take you to see Langjökull — you'll go inside it! Traveling by eight-wheeled monster truck, explore man-made tunnels and caves in the glacier and gawk at the cool blue light that glows from it. During this once-in-a-lifetime experience learn about the geological history of the glacier as well as about the history of Iceland.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourWrap up in warm clothes and don a pair of comfortable shoes and sunglasses, and then make your own way to Klaki Base Camp which is located by Langjökull Glacier (or Husafell in the winter time).
On arrival at the base, meet your professional guide and gear up in warm overalls (if you wish) and snow chains for your shoes before boarding an eight-wheeled monster truck for the drive up to the cave entrance. The truck has been specially modified to be able to drive over the crevasses and ice.
Upon arrival at the cave entrance, you'll disembark the truck and head inside the actual glacier with your guide. The man-made tunnel, nearly 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) above sea level is a wonder to behold. A feat of engineering, the ice is lit up from behind by glowing hues, allowing you to see the layers that have formed over many years. Your guide will lead you through the glacier's 1,650-foot (500-meter) corridors and caves on foot. Stopping along the way to talk about the geology and the history of glaciers, how they are formed, how they move, and why they are important to all of mankind.
Your tour concludes after just under an hour inside the glacier, leaving you free to make your own way back to your accommodation in Reykjavik.
Inclusions for Inside Langjökull Glacier And Ice Cave Tour
- Transport by glacier vehicle
- Admission to Langjökul
Exclusions for Inside Langjökull Glacier And Ice Cave Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfer from Reykjavik to the Glacier Edge or Husafell
- Shuttle service from Husafell to Klaki Base Camp in summer
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Itinerary is subject to change
Warm waterproof clothes, sturdy footwear and sunglasses recommended
Please note: If you do not have a 4x4 vehicle to get to Klaki Base Camp, we recommend you take the available shuttle from Husafell (own expense)
Shuttle from Husafell to Klaki base camp leaves at 10:00am, 12:00pm and 2:30pm. The shuttle takes approx. 30 minutes and is timed to coincide with the nearest departures from Klaki Base Camp. A seat on the shuttle costs 2000ISK for adults. Please contact the local operator directly after booking if the shuttle is required.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.