Inside Langjökull Glacier And Ice Cave Tour - Reykjavik
OverviewPut the ice in Iceland with this day trip to Langjökull, the second largest glacier in Iceland. On this tour, your guide won't just take you to see Langjökull — you'll go inside it! Traveling by eight-wheeled monster truck, explore man-made tunnels and caves in the glacier and gawk at the cool blue light that glows from it. During this once-in-a-lifetime experience learn about the geological history of the glacier as well as about the history of Iceland.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourWrap up in warm clothes and don a pair of comfortable shoes and sunglasses, and then make your own way to Husafell service center, in a walking distance from Hotel Husafel.
On arrival at the base, meet your professional guide and gear up in warm overalls (if you wish) and snow chains for your shoes before boarding an eight-wheeled monster truck for the drive up to the cave entrance. The truck has been specially modified to be able to drive over the crevasses and ice.
Upon arrival at the cave entrance, you'll disembark the truck and head inside the actual glacier with your guide. The man-made tunnel, nearly 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) above sea level is a wonder to behold. A feat of engineering, the ice is lit up from behind by glowing hues, allowing you to see the layers that have formed over many years. Your guide will lead you through the glacier's 1,650-foot (500-meter) corridors and caves on foot. Stopping along the way to talk about the geology and the history of glaciers, how they are formed, how they move, and why they are important to all of mankind.
Your tour concludes after just under an hour inside the glacier, leaving you free to make your own way back to your accommodation in Reykjavik.
Inclusions for Inside Langjökull Glacier And Ice Cave Tour
- Transport byglacier vehicle
- Admission to Langjkull Glacier Tunnel
Exclusions for Inside Langjökull Glacier And Ice Cave Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfer from Reykjavik to the Glacier Edge or Husafell
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Itinerary is subject to change
Warm waterproof clothes, sturdy footwear and sunglasses recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Snorkeling Experience at Silfra Fissure in Thingvellir National Park
- South Iceland Tour from Reykjavik: Waterfalls, Volcanoes and Glaciers
- Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Blue Lagoon Spa with Round-trip Transport
- Small-Group Volcano Tour from Reykjavik: Descent Into Thrihnukagigur Volcano and Hike
- Golden Circle Express Tour from Reykjavik
- Wonders of Snfellsnes Peninsula - Private Tour from Reykjavik