Do you believe that one's sins can be absolved by taking a dip in the holy Ganges in Varanasi? Local people believe that Varanasi is the place where liberates your soul from human body to the ultimate. You will see a lot of pilgrims who go to the Ganga Ghats in Varanasi to take a dip in the holy Ganges to absolve them from all sins. Insight Varanasi Day Tour will take you to the Sarnath where Buddha chose to deliver his first sermon.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tour
You will start your day with a morning boat ride at the dawn. Boating in the Ganges at the sunrise in Varanasi is one of the main attractions. Observe the Hinduâs way of life on the bank of the River Ganges (Ganga). There are a number of temples on the bank of the Ganges River in Varanasi. It is at the Ganga Ghats (Banaras Ghat) where you see life and death together. There are numbers ofÂ Ghat alongsideÂ Ganges riverÂ in Varanasi. Some of the prominent and popular Ghats at Varanasi are the Dasaswamedh Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Harischandra Ghat, Assi Ghat,Shivala Ghat, Man Mandir Ghat, Darbhanga Ghat, Ahilyabai Ghat and Kedar Ghat.
After boat ride, take a small walk to the oldest part of Varanasi, famous for its narrow street. Visit the Kashi Vishwnath TempleÂ area, also know as the Golden Temple (open to Hindus only).
Sarnath: After breakfast drive to Sarnath which is around 10 Km from Varanasi City. This is in Varanasi is the place where Buddha chose to deliver his first sermon in a DEER PARK. It makes Sarnath one of the most venerated Buddhist places. Besides Buddhism, Sarnath is also connected with Jainism. There are many Buddhist monuments and edifices at Sarnath.
There is also a vast expanse of ancient ruins at Sarnath. Several Buddhist structures were raised at Sarnath between the 3rd century BC and the 11th century AD, and today it presents the most precious ruins amongst places on the Buddhist trail. The Lion Capital of Ashoka pillar at Sarnath is the National emblem of India, which is displayed in the archaeological museum in Sarnath.
Main attractions of Sarnath are: Archeological & Excavation Area [Sarnath deer park],Â Chaukhandi Stupa, Dhammek Stupa [Dhamekha Stupa],Â Dharmarajika Stupa, Mulagandhakuti Vihara,Â Ashoka Pillar [Ashokan Lion Pillar],Â Ashokan Lion-Capital [National Emblem of India],Â Archeological Museum. Back to hotel in the afternoon for lunch and relax.
Â Â Â Â Â
Evening Aarti:Â In the evening, we will experience the Hindu ritual Aarti. It is also spelled as arathi and in which light is offered to one or more deities. Aartis also refer to the songs sung in praise of the deity, when offering of lamps is being offered. Hindus in India worship the river Ganges as goddess. Every evening in Varanasi, aarti is performed at the Dashashwamedh ghat. We can watch it from the ghat or from the waterside in a boat. It is a beautiful, resonant, and majestic spectacle with a very precise choreography involving rituals performed by several priests with the sound of bells, drums, cymbals, and Sanskrit mantras.
Inclusions for Insight Varanasi Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Local professional guide
- Boat ride
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Insight Varanasi Day Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.