Visit the filming locations of the popular Italian TV series Inspector Montalbano (or Commissario Montelbano in Italian) on this full-day tour, departing from either Taormina or Messina province. See the real-life settings of the series fictional town Vigata, and visit the beautiful Baroque plazas, churches, beaches and buildings of Ragusa Ibla, Punta Secca and Scicli, where some of the most popular episodes were shot. Enjoy commentary about Inspector Montalbano from a friendly guide throughout the day.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLeave your Taormina or Messina province hotel in the early morning, and relax on your coach ride south to the authentic Sicilian town of Ragusa, the first stop on your Inspector Montalbano tour.
Here youll visit Piazza Duomo, home to the Basilica of St George, a site that represents the main square of the shows fictional town of Vigata. Continue to Church of San Giuseppe, Palazzo Donnafugata and Circolo di Conversazione, where the episodes Gli Arancini di Montalbano and The Scent of the Night were filmed.
After some free time to explore on your own, depart for the seaside town of Punta Secca, dubbed Marinella in the show. Visit Montalbano Commissioner's House and the sandy beaches where the main character likes to swim. Have time for lunch (own expense) and go for a dip in the Mediterranean if you wish. Just remember to bring your bathing suit!
Continue onward to the small village of Scicli and enjoy a short walk through its lovely Baroque historical center, named Montelusa in the show. Visit Scicli Municipal Town Hall in Palazzo Municipio, and hear how the building was the set location for the Police Commissioners office and the Vigata police station. Here you can purchase a ticket to the mayor's real-life office (Stanza del Sindaco), used in the series as Montalbanos office.
At the end of the day, relax on the drive back to your Taormina or Messina province hotel.
Inclusions for 'Inspector Montalbano' Filming Locations Tour From Taormina
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for 'Inspector Montalbano' Filming Locations Tour From Taormina
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If you plan to swim during your free time in Punta Secca, please bring a bathing suit and towel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.