Discover Florence when the day is winding down during a 2-hour evening walking tour. Stroll through the historical center of the beloved Renaissance city and see the majestic Piazza della Santissima Annunziata, Brunelleschis Ospedale degli Innocenti, Duomo (Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiori) and more top attractions. As you wander, learn about the past and present of the Tuscan capital from your expert guide.
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in central Florence in the late afternoon and set off on an informative walk through the historical center as evening falls. Inspired by the Italian ritual of la passeggiata (an evening stroll), this walk will provide the perfect introduction to the real Florence as you follow in the footsteps of locals.
Begin in Piazza della Santissima Annunziata, a major city square thats home to the Ospedale degli Innocenti, a one-time orphanage designed by the great Renaissance architect Brunelleschi early in his career. Next, amble along Via dei Servi, a street lined with cafes and shops, before arriving at Brunelleschis jewel and the citys most famous monument, the Duomo. Circle around the exterior of the famous cathedral and discuss its importance and significance with your guide. Youll also learn about the nearby Baptistery and the evolution of Florentine art and history.
Where you go next can change, depending on the preferences of the group and your particular guide. Perhaps check out Piazza della Signoria and the mighty Palazzo Vecchio, which once housed the rulers of the Florentine Republic. Or continue on to Piazza della Repubblica, the location of the Roman citys forum and now a popular meeting place with multiple cafes, markets and street performers. Your guide may also point out some lesser-known historical sites along the way.
Depending on the group's preferences, you may stop for a glass of wine or a scoop of gelato and watch the city transform as night falls. As you drink or eat, chat with your guide about other aspects of Florentine life, such as fashion, food and everyday life in the city.
Having gained a greater understanding of Florence and the Florentine way of life, part ways with your guide in central Florence.
Inclusions for Introduction To Florence: Evening Walking Tour
- Expert guide
Exclusions for Introduction To Florence: Evening Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum age is 13 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Florence Super Saver: Best Of Florence Walking Tour, Accademia Gallery, Uffizi Gallery And Florence Duomo
- Cooking Class And Lunch At A Tuscan Farmhouse With Local Market Tour From Florence
- Tuscany In One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Cinque Terre Semi-Private Day Trip From Florence
- Bologna Food Walking Tour
- Chianti Half-Day Wine Tour From Florence
- Florence Sightseeing Tour With Uffizi Gallery Skip-the-Line Ticket
- Florence Vespa Tour: Tuscan Hills And Italian Cuisine
- Skip The Line: Florence Accademia Gallery Tickets
- Skip The Line: Florence Uffizi Gallery Tickets