Introduction To Parisian Customs With Frog Legs And Snails TastingWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy the company of a local Parisian who will share all his best tips about the city, from the most fabulous things to do, to the greatest restaurants and hidden areas you should check out â and all of it while you taste classic French specialties. Itâs the ultimate concierge experience!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYou’ll meet your local guide and expert concierge by the statue of Louis the 14th, in the courtyard of the Louvre, one of Paris's most iconic sites and the world’s largest museum. You’ll learn about the controversial construction of the glass pyramid before we move onto the nearby Palais Royal, which the evil cardinal Richelieu built opposite the Louvre. There, you'll discover a very hidden yet marvelous gem of the capital city that’s a romantic promenade for lovers, but was once the heart of the prostitution industry for the Parisian bourgeoisie.
We’ll then stop at a metro station, where we’ll explain how the public transit system works, so you’ll be ready to explore on your own, stress-free!
From there, we'll move on to a local café, passing through another beautiful arcade, the gallery Vero-Dodat — one of Paris’ most historic shopping malls, dating back to the era of industrialisation and today home to Christian Louboutin's iconic shoe store, among other shops.
Take a left out of the gallery and enter a local café, where we'll sit in our own little private corner. Order up a latte (the famous“café creme”) with a croissant while your local Parisian guide gives you a quick yet thorough introduction to Paris's long and passionate history. Using a map of the city to help orient you, your guide will tell you where to go, what places are local and which are touristy, the different types of architecture to discover, what's not to be missed, and much more!
As we chat, you’ll discover a large plate of cheese and charcuterie, coming towards you, accompanied with a baguette and red wine (you are learning to be a real Parisian, after all). We’ll teach you your first words in French — the ones that will make all the difference to locals, as Parisians are appreciative of foreigners making an effort to speak the language.
We’ll flip through the day’s newspaper so you can be up on whatever current events are making local headlines while you’re in town. We’ll also browse through the paper’s entertainment section, so you can find out what’s on, from the theatre to the cinema to musical performances. We’ll let you know what’s available in English and explain how to book any events you want to see.
But wait, you can’t yet claim to be a real Parisian if you haven’t tried frogs’ legs and snails! We’ll sample some cuisses de grenouille and escargots, doused in their legendary garlic-butter sauce.
After all that, you should be able to fly with your own French wings! Your guide will give you tips for spending the rest of your day in the city. The metro, public bicycles, buses, and taxis are all nearby, so you’ll be in prime position in the centre of the city to explore some more on your own, new Parisian! We wish you a magnifique afternoon!
Inclusions for Introduction To Parisian Customs With Frog Legs And Snails Tasting
- Local English-speaking guide
- A latte and croissant
- Snails and Frogs’ legs samples
- A platter of French cheese and charcuterie
- One glass of wine.
Exclusions for Introduction To Parisian Customs With Frog Legs And Snails Tasting
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring an umbrella if it’s calling for rain.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.