Introduction To Philippine History Art And Cuisine Walking Tour - Manila
OverviewBefore heading off to the numerous island paradises of the Philippines, make sure to spend a day learning about the rich history and culture as well as have an introductory taste of the local cuisine in the capital of this nation formed from over 7,000 islands.Metro Manila is the center of Philippine Art, Culture and Business. It is made up of 16 cities and 1 municipality. Manila city is the original city and offers a wide array of historical and cultural destinations.This day tour includes visits to the Old Spanish City of Manila, Churches, Museums and other quintessential Manila attractions with a local English speaking guide to accompany you.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- A la carte lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tour
Start your day at the Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, also known as the Manila Cathedral. This cathedral is the seat of the catholic church in the Philippines and is located in the old Spanish city of Manila called Intramuros.
Make your way to the old Spanish Military Garrison known as Fort Santiago and learn about its most famous prisoner, Jose Rizal, the national hero of the Philippines.
We will follow the cobble stone road towards San Agustin Church and museum, the oldest stone church in the country. Explore their collections of church relics and vestments.
Take a look at what a Spanish Colonial home would have looked like at the end of the 19th century by visiting Casa Manila. This wood and stone structure is a well preserved representation of the crossroads of old and modern life during the last years of the Spanish rule.
We will have a lunch break at Ristorante Delle Mitre. This Church owned restaurant boasts a plethora of dishes beloved by Bishops from all over the country. Try some Kare-kare and Chicken Adobo with rice, wash it down with some Mango Shake and cap it all off with an ice cold Halo-halo for dessert.
After the lunch and some rest, make your way outside the wall of Intramuros and visit the National Museum of the Philippines. The first building is the National Museum of Fine Arts also formerly known as the National Art Gallery contains paintings, sculptures and other art works of Filipino masters through the years.
Finally, make your way towards the iconic Rizal Park and see the execution site of the national hero as well as his monument. The tour will end at Rizal Park.
Inclusions for Introduction To Philippine History Art And Cuisine Walking Tour
- Private Walking Tour
- Entrance fees to all attractions based on the Itinerary
- 1 bottled water in the Morning and Afternoon
- Professional English speaking local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Meals as per Itinerary
Exclusions for Introduction To Philippine History Art And Cuisine Walking Tour
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant meals not included
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.