Iskar Gorge, Skaklia Waterfall And Cherepish Monastery Day Trip From Sofia
OverviewThe emphasis of this day tour is to experience the spectacular Iskar Gorge landscape at first hand through short walks to hidden nature landmarks not seen from a tour bus. Enjoy stunning mountain scenery, caves, amazing rock formations, spectacular waterfalls and Cherepish monastery dating back the 14th-century in a day tour from Sofia!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourYou will picked up from your hotel or address early in the morning for a scenic journey in the spectacular Iskar Gorge to the village of Gara Bov. The walk begins from the outskirts of the village with a gentle ascent in a fairy forest and within 45 minutes you are under the mist of Skaklia one of the tallest waterfalls in Bulgaria (120 m). The walk continues to the top of the waterfall where you may have lunch admiring breathtaking panoramas of the Iskar River Ravine from the edge of the over 200 meters high cliffs. This picturesque area has inspired Ivan Vazov, one of the best Bulgarian writers of all time for some of his best works.
Later you walk downhill on a different route offering great panoramas of the gorge, passing by lush meadows where many orchids can be seen in spring and early summer (such as Orchis Morio and Orchis Tridentata). You reach the van and the trip continues with a scenic journey downstream the river to one of the biggest karst springs in Bulgaria Zhitolub. In rainy days the flow of the spring reaches 1200 L per minute! You stop there for a short walk before heading towards the Cherepish Monastery, founded in the 14th century. You visit the monastery and passing by the Ritlite nature phenomenon you head towards Sofia.
Walking time:approx. 3 hours
Total ascent / descent:approx. 480 m
Bus / car transfers duration:approx. 4 hours / 195 km
Inclusions for Iskar Gorge, Skaklia Waterfall And Cherepish Monastery Day Trip From Sofia
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All transfers with private car or bus as per itinerary
- English-speaking licensed mountain guide member of UILMA
- Guided tour ofCherepich Monastery
- All local taxes
Exclusions for Iskar Gorge, Skaklia Waterfall And Cherepish Monastery Day Trip From Sofia
- Food and drinks (allow 5 - 6 for lunch pack or 10 - 13 for 3 course lunch in a restaurant)
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Moderate walking tour
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.