OverviewCruise on a comfortable vessel north of Cancun and soak up the beauty of Ixlache Reef and Isla Contoy. At Ixlache Reef, snorkel near coral, sea turtles, and fish of every color. Then join the privileged few allowed to visit Isla Contoy, a national park and wildlife refuge to various turtles and more than 150 species of birds. A certified guide takes you on a tour of the island, after which you have plenty of time to wander on a trail, visit a nesting lagoon or lounge on the beach. A continental breakfast and domestic open bar on the boat, along with a buffet lunch on the island, ensure youll have the energy to enjoy the day.
Know More about this tourMeet your guides at the Scuba Cancun Marina on Kukulcan Avenue in the Hotel Zone, across the street from the Vacation Club International Hotel and the Casa Maya Hotel. Plan to arrive by 8:30am, as the boat will leave at 9am. Make sure to bring biodegradable sunscreen, most hotels in the area sell it, which is necessary to protect the marine life in the waters youll be swimming in during the tour. A comfortable vessel transports you to Ixlache Reef, north of Cancun. If you missed breakfast, there will be some on the boat for you!
Grab a pastry or whatever strikes your fancy from the continental breakfast offered between 9am and 10am. Savor your morning coffee as you take in stunning blue waters and bask in the warm air. After about a 90-minute ride, youll arrive at Ixlache Reef on the northern end of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest reef system in the world. Your guides will provide a safety briefing on snorkeling. Pull on your provided gear and jump in!
Pick a color, any color, and youll likely spot a fish sporting that hue flash by you. The clear and shallow water typically no more than nine feet (three meters) deep makes it easy to spot swirling schools as they dance around the coral and queen conchs attached to the sea floor. Keep your eyes peeled for sea turtles, too!
After about an hour of snorkeling, get back on the boat and cruise to Isla Contoy, where youll arrive around noon. Stretching five miles (eight kilometers) long, tiny Isla Contoy is home to more than 150 species of resident and migratory birds, such as the frigate, brown pelican and double-crested cormorant. Leatherback, loggerhead, hawksbill and green turtles use the beaches as their nesting grounds.
Because of the islands protected status as a national park, theres a limit to how many people can visit per day, and only a few tour companies are allowed to bring visitors here. You are one of the privileged few! A certified expert guide takes you on a 45-minute tour of the park, pointing out the wildlife and noting the importance of its preservation.
After the tour, enjoy the island on your own at the nesting lagoon, nature museum or lighthouse. Watch your step, an iguana could be sharing the trail with you. To unwind, meander to the beach and spread out your towel, and marvel at how the soft white sand doesnt stick to your skin.
In the early afternoon, a buffet lunch is served, with beer and soft drinks. Try the regional specialty tikin-xic Mayan for dry-wing" fish. The whole fish is prepared butterfly-style and cooked over a wood or charcoal fire.
After lunch, hop back on your vessel to arrive back at the Scuba Cancun Marina around 5pm. Time flies on the ride, as youre probably busy scrolling through the dozens of pictures you took of this unique day.
Inclusions for Isla Contoy Day Trip: Snorkeling At Ixlache Reef And Eco-Paradise Tour
- Continental breakfast
- Buffet lunch
- Domestic open bar
- Local guide
- Use of snorkel gear
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Exclusions for Isla Contoy Day Trip: Snorkeling At Ixlache Reef And Eco-Paradise Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Dock fee / park admission (US$10 per person)
- Child life jackets not provided
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring biodegradable sunscreen. You can purchase it at your hotel shop, the Marina or the shop at Isla Cotoy
Note: If you choose the 'Tour with Transport' option, please specify your hotel upon booking
Child life jackets not provided
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Chichen Itza And Valladolid
- Contoy And Isla Mujeres
- TEMAZCAL - UNIQUE MAYAN RITAUL
- Coba Mayan Treasures Tour
- Cozumel Snorkel Tour From Cancun: Coral Reefs And Playa Mia Beach Park
- Coba, Tulum, Cenote And Mayan Village Day Trip With Lunch
- Sightseeing, Snorkeling And Dancing Catamaran Cruise From Cancun
- Private Tour: Catamaran Sailing And Snorkeling In Isla Mujeres
- Tulum Xtreme From Cancun
- Speedboat Tour In Cancun