Isla Negra And Pomaire Day Trip From Santiago
OverviewVisit Isla Negra, home of Pablo Neruda, before visiting the Chilean village of Pomaire, known for its artisan ceramic production, on a relaxing seven-hour day trip from Santiago. Find clay pots and cooking vessels in every shape and size imaginable as you stroll through this picturesque little town with your guide. Bargain shop for souvenirs among the stalls that line the sidewalk. You’ll learn about the centuries-old art of shaping, drying and decorating each earthenware piece, and the Chilean cuisine that makes Pomaire pottery famous!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourWe first head to the coast, to Isla Negra, home to Pablo Nerudas museum beach house.Pablo Neruda, a Nobel Prize winner, passed away in 1973. He left behind his remarkable collections both in writing and in physical objects, divided over his 3 houses. In his beach house you will find over 3.500 collected memorabilia, such as masks, bottles, insects, shells, letters, photographs, pieces of boats etc. Of all his houses, in our opinion, this is the most remarkable one and at the same time it is also here that Neruda and his wife are buried.
After lunch, we drive towards Pomaire, famous for traditional handcraft pottery dating back to the 1500s.Here you can observe local artists, find the best shops for souvenirs and try some typical Chilean dishes. You can find some nice sombreros, traditional alpaca ponchos or beautiful handmade (lapiz lazuli) jewelry. On most of the days we are able to enter an artists workshop and watch him throw pottery on the wheel, so you can see just how fast the artists are able to make these incredible and unique pots.
You will be picked up at 9am and returned by 6pm max to your hotel (1.5 hours drive from Providencia).
Inclusions for Isla Negra And Pomaire Day Trip From Santiago
- Local English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- 2 bottles of water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Isla Negra And Pomaire Day Trip From Santiago
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour to Concon, Vina del Mar and Valparaiso Including Small-Group Surfing Lesson
- Santiago Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
- Portillo and Inca Lagoon Day Trip from Santiago
- Colchagua Wine Route Tour from Santiago
- City Tour and Shopping Tour of Santiago
- Yerba Loca Sanctuary Hiking Tour from Santiago