Islamic Cairo Full Day Old Mosques
OverviewPrivate day tour to Citadel, Al Azhar Mosque, Sultan Hassan Mosque and Khan El Khalili Bazaar by private car and guide
Know More about this tourLook beyond the pyramids and pharaohs, and discover the Citadel of Salah el Din, Sultan Hassan and Khan el-Khalili Bazaars. This private tour will give you a deeper insight into the rich history that is Egypt. The Alabaster Mosque at the Citadel of Salah el-Din sits atop a limestone hill overlooking Cairo and is the most important mosque in the city. Still used a place of worship today by the Muslims of Cairo, the architectural masterpiece opens its doors to visitors of all faiths. The lower part of the Mosque is clad inside and out with Alabaster, while the top part is constructed from the limestone cladding removed from the Pyramids of Giza. Inside the mosque your guide will introduce you to the basic beliefs of Islam, including a translation of the most common prayers. Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, your guide will give you an introduction to the famous markets which claim to have inspired Christopher Columbus to discover the USA. Enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and try your luck bargaining with the shop owners for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt. Continue to the Mosque and Madrassa (school) of Sultan Hassan. Built between 1356 and 1363, and is believed to be one of the finest examples of Mamluk architecture in Cairo. The mosque is also considered one of the largest, not only in Cairo but in the whole Islamic world, measuring some 492 feet (150 meters) long and 118 feet (36 meters) high. The highest minaret is 223 feet (68 meters) tall. This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each site during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
Inclusions for Islamic Cairo Full Day Old Mosques
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Islamic Cairo Full Day Old Mosques
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Giza Pyramid Sound And Light Show from Cairo
- Giza Complex and the Egyptian Museum Private Tour
- Overnight Tour to Moses Mountain St Catherine Monastery from Cairo
- Cairo City Tour: Egyptian Museum, Citadel of Salah el-Din and Khan El Khalili Bazaar
- 12 Hour Private Layover Tour in Cairo
- Private Tour: Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, Dahshur