Islamic Cairo Sightseeing Trip To Alabaster Mosque Sultan Hassan Mosque And Madrassa Khan El-Khalili
OverviewLook beyond the pyramids and pharaohs, and discover the Citadel of Salah el Din, Sultan Hassan and Khan el-Khalili Bazaars. This private tour will give you ...
- Airport transfer
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
Know More about this tourThe Egyptian history is not only about the pharaohs and the pyramids.Spend a day among the most important Islamic monuments in Cairo and discover the Citadel of Salah el Din, Sultan Hassan and Khan el-Khalili Bazaars. This private tour will give you a deeper insight into the rich Islamic history of Egypt. The Alabaster Mosque at the Citadel of Salah el-Din sits atop of imestone hill overlooking Cairo and is the most important mosque in the city. Still used a place of worship today by the Muslims of Cairo, the architectural masterpiece opens its doors to visitors of all faiths. The lower part of the Mosque is clad inside and out with Alabaster, while the top part is constructed from the limestone cladding removed from the Pyramids of Giza. Inside the mosque your guide will introduce you to the basic beliefs of Islam, including a translation of the most common prayers. Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar,Youregypttours.com qualified tour guide will give you an introduction to the famous markets which claim to have inspired Christopher Columbus to discover the USA. Enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and try your luck bargaining with the shop owners for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt. Continue to the Mosque and Madrassa (school) of Sultan Hassan. Built between 1356 and 1363, and is believed to be one of the finest examples of Mamluk architecture in Cairo. The mosque is also considered one of the largest, not only in Cairo but in the whole Iof Egypt, measuring some 492 feet (150 meters) long and 118 feet (36 meters) high. The highest minaret is 223 feet (68 meters) tall. This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time you like to spend at each site during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
Inclusions for Islamic Cairo Sightseeing Trip To Alabaster Mosque Sultan Hassan Mosque And Madrassa Khan El-Khalili
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Islamic Cairo Sightseeing Trip To Alabaster Mosque Sultan Hassan Mosque And Madrassa Khan El-Khalili
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.