Island Tour And Snorkeling In The Gulf Of Chiriqui National Marine Park - Boquete
OverviewExplore the pristine and untouched paradise of the Gulf of Chiriqui National Marine Park, which serves as a refuge for exotic wildlife and palm tree-lined white sand beaches. This underrated and yet to be discovered area of Panama provides a glimpse into a small fishing village and a time before tourists. The 25 uninhabited islands, beaches, and coral reefs are a paradise waiting to be discovered. You will be provided with a hearty lunch, complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, hammocks, beach towels, and a snorkel and mask.
Know More about this tour
From the mountain town of Boquete, you will drive 1.5 hours, in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle, to Boca Chica, a small fishing village on the Pacific Coast. After getting into the boat, you will pass through the mangrove forested volcanic islands of the Chiriqui lagoon and harbor toward the Gulf of Chiriqui National Marine Park, a 14,740 hectare marine park with around 25 uninhabited islands and serves as a refuge for howler monkeys, leatherback and hawksbill turtles, tiger herons, and exotic fish. This area is also a haven for humpback whales during the months of July to October. There are no mammals on Isla Bolaos due to no fresh water, but you can catch a glimpse of iguanas and sea birds such as magnificent frigatebirds, pelicans, cormorants, and hawks.
The sun tends to shine over the white sand, palm-lined beaches in the Gulf of Chiriqui even when its raining everywhere else! Depending on visibility and climate, you will snorkel at your own leisure around one of the beautiful islands and pass the late morning and better part of the afternoon lunching, exploring, swimming, relaxing in a hammock, and playing on the white sand beaches of Isla Gamez or Isla Bolaos.
Lunch is a healthy smorgasbord of fresh fruit and vegetables, assemble-your-own sandwiches, chips and salsa, cookies and crackers, and fresh coconut from the island. Drinks are also included with options varying between rum and pineapple cocktails, rum and cokes, national beer, or white wine, as well as sodas, juice, iced tea, and fresh ice water. After lunch, feel free to take a short hike to another uninhabited and pristine beach where you will hardly find another person. After a few more hours enjoying the sun, sand, and sea, you will return on the boat ride through the national park, and return to Boquete.
Inclusions for Island Tour And Snorkeling In The Gulf Of Chiriqui National Marine Park
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Unlimited alcoholic drinks (open bar)
- Unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks
- Local guide
- Boat and certified boat captain
- Professional guide
- Use of snorkel equipment, hammocks, and towels
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Souvenir tour photos
Exclusions for Island Tour And Snorkeling In The Gulf Of Chiriqui National Marine Park
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.