Istanbul Byzantine And Ottoman Tour: Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque And Grand Bazaar
OverviewAdmire the best of Byzantine and Ottoman Istanbul on this full-day tour of this endlessly absorbing city. Traveling in a luxury minivan with a knowledgeable guide, check out five top Istanbul attractions that recall these two all-powerful empires. Visit the extraordinary Hagia Sophia and beautiful Blue Mosque, marvel at the treasures of the Topkapi Palace, once the court of Ottoman sultans, and explore the atmospheric Grand Bazaar, whose roots date to the 15th century. With numbers limited to 12, this small-group tour ensures you get in-depth attention from your guide.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Start your experience with a pickup from your centrally located Istanbul hotel. Settle into your luxury Mercedes minivan with your guide and drive into the UNESCO-listed district of Sultanahmet, home to a glorious array of mosques, palaces and relics from the Ottoman and Byzantine periods.
Visit the Hippodrome, a former chariot race arena in Ottoman and Byzantine times. Imagine the clatter of chariot wheels as you wander around this city park and hear fascinating facts about the races and events held here centuries ago.
Continue to the Blue Mosque, whose six minarets are a fixture of Istanbuls skyline. Admire the 17th-century edifice, and marvel at the thousands of bright blue Iznik tiles that coat its interior.
Next, head for the Topkapi Palace, the opulent palace-turned-museum that was home to the Ottoman emperors between the 15th and 19th centuries. Hear anecdotes about the sultans and their entourages, and wonder at the riches of its courts and pavilions, including the jewel-stuffed treasury and priceless displays of Oriental porcelain.
Move on to the Hagia Sophia, built as a basilica in the 6th century before the Ottomans turned it into a mosque in the 15th century. Behold the dome and stunning Byzantine mosaics of this architectural gem as your guide recounts its turbulent history.
In-between sightseeing visits, stop for lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant or cafe and refuel for your explorations in the afternoon.
Finish up at the spellbinding Grand Bazaar. This chaotic, covered bazaar dates from the 15th century, and bursts with stalls peddling carpets, spices and trinkets. Bag some bargains with tips from your guide, and return to your minivan for a hotel drop-off, when your tour ends.
Please note: the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Istanbul Byzantine And Ottoman Tour: Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque And Grand Bazaar
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes minivan
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Istanbul Byzantine And Ottoman Tour: Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque And Grand Bazaar
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.