Istanbul City Tour
OverviewSee top Istanbul attractions around every corner on a full-day tour of the incredible Sultanahmet neighborhood, where Turkeys Ottoman and Byzantine empires once ruled. Traveling by luxury coach, youll stop to visit all the city showstoppers including the UNESCO-listed Hagia Sophia Museum, the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and Sultans Tombs. Before lunch, discover the roar and dazzle of Istanbuls Grand Bazaar while hearing tales of sultans, harems and all-things-Istanbul from your friendly expert guide!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourStart your tour with a hotel pickup, then travel by coach to the nearby Sultanahmet district and step inside your first attraction of the day Hagia Sophia. Formerly a church, then a mosque, and now an intriguing museum, Hagia Sophia is sure to impress from every historic angle. Admire its medley of architecture that draws on influences from both the Ottoman and Byzantine eras as you explore with your guide.
Continue to the nearby Blue Mosque, passing Istanbul Hippodrome on the way. Chariot races were held here at the time of the Ottoman Empire, and it gained a reputation as the hub of sporting and political activity in the city. Before entering the mosque, stop for photos and gaze in admiration at its six minarets that provide an iconic backdrop to Istanbuls cityscape. Then head inside to marvel at its ceiling, adorned with bright blue Iznik tiles that attribute to the mosques name.
Prepare for an assault on your senses at the nearby Grand Bazaar as you browse the bustling shops and stalls that spill out into its frankincense-scented lanes. Pedaling everything from Turkish carpets to kebabs, this frantic market can be daunting to visitors, so let your guide show off its highlights while you soak up its ambiance.
Stop for lunch in a local restaurant, and then travel by coach to Topkapi Palace one of the worlds oldest and biggest palaces. Now a significant museum, the palace seems to drip with dazzling ornamentation and artifacts at every turn. Explore its courtyards with your guide, and learn about the sultans and their harems that lived here from the 15th century.
Your tour finishes at your central Istanbul hotel.
Please note: Blue Mosque will be visited from outside on Friday mornings due to noon prayer. Grand Bazaar on Sundays will be replaced with authentic shops. Topkap Palace on Tuesdays will be replaced with a tour to Byzantium, and Sultan Tombs on Mondays will be replaced with Little Hagia Sophia (St. Sergius & Bacchus). Hagia Sophia (Closed on Mondays; will be replaced with Undergournd Cistern).
Inclusions for Istanbul City Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees: Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace
- Donations: Blue Mosque
Exclusions for Istanbul City Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: When reconfirming your booking, your local supplier will advise you on alternative meeting points for hotels which are not accessible
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Evening Local Food and Wine Tour In Istanbul
- Golden Horn of Istanbul Tour
- 7-Day Turkey Explorer Tour from Istanbul
- Istanbul Small Group City Tour: Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, St Sophia and Topkapi Palace
- 5-Day Aegean Tour from Istanbul: Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamum, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Pamukkale and Hierapolis
- Bosphorus Dinner and Show Cruise in Istanbul