Istanbul Evening Food Walking Tour
OverviewTreat your palate to authentic Turkish delicacies on this 3-hour Istanbul evening food tour. With a food-loving guide, delve into sidestreets and hidden food haunts to eat and drink like the locals do. Enjoy mouthwatering 'borek' (flaky pastry), down 'raki' (aniseed liquor), sample moreish street food and visit a 'meyhane' (tavern) to nibble on classic mezes with the early evening crowds. Learn about Istanbul’s culinary history and fads, and enjoy in-depth attention from a guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Istanbul’s Karaköy district and ride the subway — the world’s second-oldest underground funicular — to the nearby Beyolu district.
Set out through the bustling backstreets, making frequent stops to sample some of Istanbul’s favorite foods and drinks. As you explore, your guide will fill you in on Turkey’s cuisine and how Istanbul, on the cusp of Europe and Asia, absorbs a plethora of culinary influences, making its food scene incredibly exciting.
Stop for some borek, a moreish pastry oozing with cheese, potatoes or meat, and enjoy some aryan, a yogurt drink that’s a big local favorite.
Join the early evening crowds in a traditional meyhane and savor meze such as patlican salatsi (eggplant purée), along with raki, Turkey’s beloved aniseed liquor. As you taste, learn about the origins of meyhanes and some of the ingredients used in Turkey's most popular dishes.
Next, sip on Turkish tea at a teahouse that was once a meeting spot for the Young Turks, the early 20th century rebels credited with helping bring multi-party democracy to the country. Then, weave through streets of food carts to try goodies such as icli kofte and midye dolma (rice-filled mussels).
Head into the historical Çiçek Passage for some Turkish delight and to try some of the delicious baklava (honey soaked pastry stuffed with nuts), cikolata (chocolate) or ice cream from the Maras region that’s much loved here.
Continue to Taksim Square and dig into Istanbul’s latest food fad — an islak or ‘wet’ burger made with tomato sauce-soaked buns.
Finish at a trendy cafe filled with street art to enjoy a perfectly brewed Turkish coffee. Your tour ends here, leaving you free to continue your explorations or travel independently back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Istanbul Evening Food Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Funicular ticket
- Food samples
- Entrance fees
- Tea and coffee
Exclusions for Istanbul Evening Food Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 5-Day Aegean Tour from Istanbul: Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamum, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Pamukkale and Hierapolis
- Bosphorus Dinner and Show Cruise in Istanbul
- Private Day Trip from Istanbul to Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary
- Istanbul Sightseeing Pass with Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Orient House Dinner Cruise Istanbul
- 2 Day Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour From Istanbul