Istanbul Food Walking Tour Of Beyoglu By Night
OverviewEat like a local on this evening walking tour of Istanbuls bustling Beyolu district. Follow your guide around uncharted side streets as the locals head out to eat and relax. Weave through lamplit alleyways and arcades filled with grills and taverns, and sample everything from scrumptious kebab wraps to islak burgers burgers wrapped in tomato sauce-soaked buns. The final ingredients of the evening come in the shape of a Turkish coffee and traditional fortune-telling session, and a mouth-watering meze tasting, washed down with raki!
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Small-group tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near Taksim Square in Beyolu the district once known as Pera for your tour. As you walk, listen to your guide as they share fascinating insights into the areas street cuisine and tell you about the tastings to come.
Head to your first stop, a burger outlet famous for its islak burgers or 'wet burgers.' These soggy buns are doused liberally in tomato-garlic sauce before being left in hot glass cabinets to make them extra wet. Sink your teeth into one theyre addictively scrumptious!
Continue along Independence Street and delve into iek Pasaj or Flower Passage. This covered arcade and its neighboring Nevizade Sokak passageway brim with noisy meyhanes (taverns). Head inside some with your guide to savor a selection of traditional small plates such as patanga brei (melted cheese rolls) or soslu patlcan salatas (eggplant salad).
Next, dive into the streets around the fish market and find Drmzade, a grill joint specializing in drms (kebab wraps) that was recommended by chef Anthony Bourdain in his travel TV series, No Reservations. Savor a freshly made drm, crunching through the outer, crispy tortilla into the succulent meat inside.
Drinking coffee is central to Turkish culture and sometimes coupled with kahve fal (fortune-telling using the dregs of the cup). Follow your guide to a coffee house and have a go; sip some typically strong local coffee, turn your cup upside down and read the shapes left behind a fish-shape, for instance, spells a new love.
Finish at a popular restaurant to feast on tasty meze such as stuffed vine leaves and yogurt with herbs, all accompanied by raki, the anise-flavored spirit that's a staple here.
Say goodbye to your guide at your original departure point and end your tour with a great, new understanding of Istanbuls vibrant street cuisine.
Inclusions for Istanbul Food Walking Tour Of Beyoglu By Night
- Local guide
- Foods samples
- Turkish Coffee
Exclusions for Istanbul Food Walking Tour Of Beyoglu By Night
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional foods and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 8 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.