OverviewTake your tastebuds on a trip around Istanbuls Asian-side district of Kadky on this 5.5-hour, small-group culinary walking tour with a food-loving guide! After a classic Turkish breakfast in Karaky, take a ferry across the Bosphorus to experience the markets, delis and cobbled lanes of Kadky, one of Istanbuls up-and-coming neighborhoods. Sample delicacies at the fish market, enjoy baklava (filo pastry with syrup) and other sticky treats at local eateries, and savor traditional cuisine at a top restaurant. Finish your tour with a Turkish coffee in an authentic coffee house.
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Small-group tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the Karaky neighborhood on Istanbuls European side. One of the citys oldest districts, the area bursts with old-school eateries and food outlets.
Pass tempting baklava shops and cafes and head inside a restaurant for a delicious kahvalti (Turkish breakfast). Savor delights such as kaymak (clotted cream made from buffalo milk), menemen (scrambled eggs with tomato and peppers), and sucuk (spicy sausage), as your guide explains how theyre prepared.
Then, catch the ferry across the Bosphorus to Kadky. This bustling Asian-side district is an up-and-coming area with cobbled lanes, traditional taverns and lively markets. Walk along streets filled with cafes and tea salons, and listen as your guide tells you about the district's ancient roots as Chalcedon, a Greek colony established in the 7th century BC, and offers interesting snippets about its colorful food scene.
At the fish market (Balik Pazari), browse the stalls selling fresh fish, mezes and deli-style goodies, and perhaps sample some delicacies such as olives and grilled fish. Then, call at different eateries and shops to try some mouth-watering, classic baklava or other desserts all proof of the Turks sweet tooth!
Toward lunchtime, visit one of Kadkys best-loved restaurants, iya Sofras, whose chefs recreate dishes from around Turkey. Dig into delectable specialities such as ezogelin (red lentil soup), gve (oven-baked meat and vegetable stew), pirzola (lamb chops) and katmer (flaky pastry filled with pistachio nuts), and other foods inspired by traditional regional recipes. Then, finish at an authentic coffee house with a cup of classic, strong Turkish coffee.
Afterward, catch the ferry back to Karaky, where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Istanbul Food Walking Tour Of Kadikoy With Breakfast
- Local guide
- Food samples offered by your guide
- Drinks offered by your guide
Exclusions for Istanbul Food Walking Tour Of Kadikoy With Breakfast
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 8 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.