Istanbul Full-Day Tour With Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar And Local Turkish Lunch
OverviewEither I conquer Istanbul or Istanbul conquers me. – Fatih Sultan Mehmet. Journey in the footsteps of the city’s most famous ruler and conquer Istanbul in just a day. This is the ultimate all-in-one introduction to the sites everyone must see in Istanbul, with a locals-know twist. Visit Turkey’s iconic historic spots such as the jaw-dropping Hagia Sofia, the beautiful Blue Mosque, and the pretty, tree-lined ancient Hippodrome, and learn how Istanbul has stood strong through the centuries. Eat a tasty Turkish lunch with locals at a hidden café, then listen to stories of how generations of sultans lived at the grand Topkapi Palace, overlooking the gorgeous Bosphorus Strait. Finish it all off with a backstreet tour and some good-natured haggling with local artisans in the Grand Bazaar.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Tick off all ofIstanbul's top sights in just one day with a full-day sightseeing tour of Turkeys most populous and iconic city. Take a journey from Byzantium to Constantinople to Sultan Mehmet Fatihs City of Islam on this historical tour that stops at some of Istanbuls most popular sites while showcasing its exciting present.
Start your tour with a look at Justinian the Greats Hagia Sophia, a masterpiece of Byzantine architecture that holds more than 1,500 years of Turkish history. This beautiful site is also somewhat of a chameleon: it has lived its long life as a church, a mosque, and now as a museum.
Next, head just across the street to the jewel in the Istanbul crown: Sultan Ahmet Is Blue Mosque. Its one of the citys most impressivesights, with its thousands of iconic blue-tiled walls, 260 windows, and 6 minarets. Your guide fills you in on the significance of these intriguing spires as you go.
From here, you'll pay a visit to Istanbuls ancient Hippodrome. Today this charming promenade is a popular meeting point for Istanbul residents while still an integral part of Turkish history. Imagine the chariot races that once took place along this strip, which was also the site of the notorious Nika riots a dramatic political protest in 532 AD that led to the massacre of tens of thousands of people.
Then, stepback into the present for a relaxing lunch break at a well-hidden caf. Enjoy conversation with local community members and learn about daily life in Istanbul as you dine.
Once youre filled with Turkish cuisine, Topkapi Palace awaits. This opulent complex overlooking the Bosphorus is a true Istanbul treasure. Hear many colorful stories about the rich sultans who lived here between 1453 and 1839.
Lastly, seek out treasures of a different kind in Istanbuls famed Grand Bazaar, home to more than 3,000 shops along 61 streets. Meet a few of the market characters, perfect your haggling skills, savor a traditional Turkish coffee, and walk away with a slew of souvenir finds.
Note that the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays, so Sunday tours will explore the nearby Spice Market a vibrant and seemingly endless display of colorful spices, coffees, teas and treats instead.
IMPORTANT note: The Blue Mosque in Istanbul will be closed between1st March - 15th Mayfor renovation. To compensate we will be visiting Sokollu Mehmet Pasha Mosque, which was built in 1572 (older than Blue Mosque).
Inclusions for Istanbul Full-Day Tour With Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar And Local Turkish Lunch
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Istanbul Full-Day Tour With Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar And Local Turkish Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Mosques have very strict dress codes, when visiting women must where long loose clothing, insure their arms and legs are fully covered. Women are also required to cover their heads at all times. Men must not show above their knees and cover their shoulders. Failure to do so will result in refused entry.
IMPORTANT note: The Blue Mosque in Istanbul will be closed between 1st March - 15th May for renovation. To compensate we will be visiting Sokollu Mehmet Pasha Mosque, which was built in 1572 (older than Blue Mosque).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Traditional Boat Trip and Fener-Balat Areas Walking Tour
- Istanbul LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Admission Ticket
- 3 Day Cappadocia Pamukkale Tour From Istanbul
- Private Arrival Transfer from Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Private Tour: Masukiye, Sapanca, Kartepe Tour from Istanbul
- Hagia Sophia Museum Admission Ticket
- Private Tour: Secret Beauties of Istanbul Tour
- Best Sabiha Airport to Hotel Transfer