Enjoy a dose of traditional Turkish retail therapy at Istanbul’s two best-known bazaars on this 4-hour shopping tour with a local guide. Roam the herb, spice and food stalls of the Egyptian Bazaar, and delve into the stall-stuffed Grand Bazaar for gold, antiques and other goodies. Get bartering tips and pointers on the best deals from your guide as you explore, and visit a traditional ceramics workshop to see potters make Turkey’s blue-and-white Iznik tiles and pottery. Numbers are limited to 15 on this small-group tour for a personalized experience.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourStart your experience with a pickup from your central Istanbul hotel. Settle into your air-conditioned vehicle and soak up the bustling streets and landmarks as your guide sheds light on Istanbul’s historical fame as a trading center. Standing at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, the city, known as Constantinople, was the last stop on the fabled Silk Road and a major commercial hub during the Middle Ages.
Head first for Istanbul's Egyptian Bazaar, or Spice Market, a colorful market that began life in the 17th century and draws flocks of locals and visitors with its spice, herb, sweet, fruit, food, flower and other stalls.
On arrival, head inside and explore, with your expert guide ready to point out the best buys. Admire the eye-popping colors, inhale the exotic aromas, and snap up bargains with the help of bartering tips from your guide.
Next, follow your guide to an atelier, a traditional ceramics workshop. Watch the craftspeople as they make terracotta pottery and quartz Iznik tiles, and then see them adorn the different pieces with intricate Seljuk and Ottoman designs as you learn about the age-old techniques behind their artwork.
Then, head for the Grand Bazaar, where around 4,000 stalls make up one of the world’s biggest indoor markets. Be introduced to the maze of lanes and hans (courtyards) by your guide to avoid getting lost, and dive in to shop for everything from gold and rugs to ceramics and jewelry. Use your newly honed haggling techniques to get the best deals and when your visit ends, leave the bazaar laden with bags.
After a brief visit to see a carpet-making demonstration and a calligraphy master shop, return to your coach and end your tour with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Istanbul Grand Bazaar And Egyptian Bazaar Shopping Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
Exclusions for Istanbul Grand Bazaar And Egyptian Bazaar Shopping Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: When reconfirming your booking, your local supplier will advise you on alternative meeting points for hotels which are not accessible
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Istanbul Shore Excursion: Istanbul In One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Troy Day Trip From Istanbul
- Istanbul Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Istanbul By Night: Turkish Dinner And Show
- Istanbul Port Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port To Central Istanbul
- Istanbul By Night: Turkish Food Tour
- Istanbul Shore Excursion: Private Istanbul Express Sightseeing Tour
- Turkish Coffee Tour And Coffee-Making Class
- Full Day Bosphorus Cruise And Two Continents Tour
- By Night Dinner Cruise On The Bosphorus