Istanbul Grand Bazaar Behind-the-Scenes Tour
OverviewConquer the gargantuan Grand Bazaar with this 4-hour tour through one of the largest covered markets in the world. Led by an author on the market, the tour covers the history of the Grand Bazaar, a place that sells everything from antiques to carpets, food to furniture. Meet artisans, sample Turkish street food, sip Turkish tea, and maybe even catch a bargain or two. Numbers are limited to eight for a personalized experience.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourWith more than 3,000 shops and hundreds of thousands of visitors each day, the Grand Bazaar can be a daunting place to visit on your own. The best way to do it is with this 4-hour tour, that gives an insider’s view of the market while ensuring you’ll never get lost in the shuffle.
The bazaar can be a bizarre place with multilingual merchants vying for your attention at every turn. Everything is for sale here, from rugs and spice to street food, jewelry, antiques, silk, copperware and more. After a hotel pickup by public transport, follow your guide through the covered walkways, learning about the history of the market, and meet some of its artisans and traders. Hear how many are part of generations who have worked at the bazaar, which was built in the mid-15th century.
Sample four different Turkish treats and sip a robust Turkish coffee to take a break mid-way through your tour. If you’re lucky, you might take home a bargain or two, as well — your guide will explain how to haggle like a Turk. Before you leave, take a complimentary copy of one of your guide’s publications as a souvenir. Your tour finishes inside the market.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Istanbul Grand Bazaar Behind-the-Scenes Tour
- Professional guide
- Public transport
- Food tastings
- Turkish Coffee
Exclusions for Istanbul Grand Bazaar Behind-the-Scenes Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Istanbul Small-Group Jewish Quarter Walking Tour Including Bosphorus Cruise and Lunch
- 5 Days ANZAC Day 2016 The Digger Tour visiting Istanbul and Gallipoli
- Evening Local Food and Wine Tour In Istanbul
- Golden Horn of Istanbul Tour
- 7-Day Turkey Explorer Tour from Istanbul
- Istanbul Small Group City Tour: Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, St Sophia and Topkapi Palace