Istanbul Highlights Morning Tour
OverviewDive into Istanbul's rich history and discover the major sights in the heart of old city on this half-day morning tour. You will see the Blue Mosque, so called because of the blue tiles on the walls of its interior, and the Hippodrome of Constantinople, which was the center of the sporting and social life during the Byzantine Empire. Make a stop at the Grand Bazaar to bargain for goods.
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
After a pick up from your centrally-located hotel, take a tour of the Sultan Ahmet Center, in the heart of the Old City from where the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires were ruled.
Hagia Sophia, which means Church of the Divine Wisdom, is one of the greatest marvels of architecture. It was originally constructed as a Greek Orthodox basilica in the 6th century, then a mosque from the mid 15th century until 1935, when it was transformed into a museum where you will make a stop.
Visit the Blue Mosque, facing Hagia Sophia, which is famous for its blue znik-style tiles that adorn the interior and its 6 minarets. It was built in the name of Sultan Ahmet in the 17th century.
Next is the Hippodrome, the center of sporting events (chariot races, athletics) and political activities of the old city. The Serpentine Column, Obelisk of Theodosius and German Fountain of Wilhelm II are the monuments decorating the Hippodrome.
End your morning at the Grand Covered Bazaar, a very attractive shopping center and the largest souk in the world with nearly 4000 shops selling antiques, jewellery, gold, carpets, leather ware and souvenirs. If you are interested, an art demonstration of handmade Turkish carpets can be arranged, as well. Your guide will leave you here to continue shopping at your leisure.
Please note: Hagia Sophia (Closed on Mondays; will be replaced with Underground Cistern), Grand Bazaar (Closed on Sundays; additional time will be spent at the other locations).
Inclusions for Istanbul Highlights Morning Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Istanbul Highlights Morning Tour
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The Grand Covered Bazaar is closed on Sundays - on this day of the week it will be replaced with a visit to an authentic shop
On Friday mornings before 1:00pm, the Blue Mosque is only visited from the outside because of the noon prayer
Please note that there may be long waiting times for entry to the Blue Mosque
Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays. On this day of the week, this part of the tour will be replaced by a visit to the Yerebatan Cistern.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.