Istanbul "Orient Express" Walking Tour
OverviewTrack the story of the original "Orient Express" train on this 4-hour Istanbul tour. With a knowledgeable guide, visit the station where the gleaming Wagon-Lits carriages arrived from 1883 through 1977. Hear how the train inspired a famous Agatha Christie whodunit novel, and see sites that were around during the train's heyday. After a Golden Horn boat ride to Galata and Beyolu, ride the Tnel, one of the worlds oldest subways. Numbers are limited to 15 for a more personalized experience.
- Fully narrated tour
- All entrance fees included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourStart your small-group tour with a pickup from your Istanbul hotel. Hop inside your air-conditioned minivan and travel to your first stop Istanbuls Sirkeci train station one of the original terminals on the Wagon-Lits Orient Express route between Constantinople (later Istanbul) and Paris.
Head inside the impressive 19th-century station as your guide reveals colorful tales about the original train. Picture the polished carriages as they pulled up to the platform and hear about the onboard comforts, including plush sleeping compartments and luxurious dining cars.
After exploring the station, walk through the nearby streets to see the markets, mosques, churches and buildings linked to Istanbul during the train's glory days. On route, learn about the high-profile royals, diplomats and, even, con artists who used the service, and hear how the train inspired British murder mystery writer Agatha Christie to pen her 1934 classic, Murder on the Orient Express.
Stroll to the Golden Horn and admire views of Istanbuls skyline on a boat ride across the water. Then, step back in time once more as you ride the Tnel subway, one of the worlds oldest underground trains. In operation since the late 1800s, the line once used lacquered-wood cars that echoed the stylish carriages of the Orient Express.
After emerging into the daylight, discover a few more historical sights in Beyolu and Galata as you explore by foot. Your tour then ends with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Istanbul "Orient Express" Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Istanbul "Orient Express" Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.