Istanbul Shore Excursion: Private Istanbul Express Sightseeing Tour
OverviewWhen youre docked at Istanbul port, make a beeline for three of the citys showstoppers on this 4-hour private shore excursion that's ideal for anyone who's short on time. With a knowledgeable guide beside you, visit the 6th-century masterpiece of the Hagia Sophia to marvel at its exquisite mosaics and soaring dome. Also, explore the stunning, blue-tiled Blue Mosque and roam the stall-packed lanes of the Grand Bazaar as your guide reveals its history and Ottoman design. Experience the best sights and attention from your guide on this private excursion.
- All entrance fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMeet your expert guide at the cruise port and board your air-conditioned minivan to begin your 4-hour private shore excursion of Istanbul's highlights.
Head for Sultanahmet, Istanbul Old Town, and make your first stop at the Hagia Sophia, the breathtaking, UNESCO-listed church-turned-mosque-turned-museum. Completed in 537 AD by the Roman Emperor Justinian, this towering masterpiece was once one of the worlds largest Christian basilicas, and is coated in shimmering Byzantine mosaics. Admire its dome an extraordinary architectural feat for the 6th century and view the mosaics and Ottoman artifacts as your guide charts their history.
Continue to the Blue Mosque, another of Istanbuls signature sights. Designed to outshine the nearby Hagia Sophia, this classical 17th-century mosque is a whirl of domes and minarets. Head inside with your guide to see the 20,000 blue znik tiles that cover its ceiling and give it its name.
Next, be swept up in the colors and chaos of Istanbuls Grand Bazaar. This huge, covered marketplace was established in 1456 and rings with stalls selling a myriad of goods, from jewelry to carpets. As you stroll, learn how the lanes are divided into different merchandise areas in traditional Ottoman style, and see the bedestans (domed market halls) that formed the original structure. Get buying tips from your guide and explore some of the 13 hans open courtyards that were caravan stops for medieval merchants.
After time to absorb the sights and sounds, return to the port, where your tour finishes.
Please note: the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Istanbul cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Istanbul Shore Excursion: Private Istanbul Express Sightseeing Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Covered by Viators worry-free policy
Exclusions for Istanbul Shore Excursion: Private Istanbul Express Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
It is highly recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- A Tasty Journey at Ottoman Streets
- Explore Turkey and Egypt Tour Package 7 Days Combined Two Magical Countries
- Private Tour Istanbul Classics with Local Expert Guide
- Private Istanbul Old City Tour with Local Expert Guide
- Half Day Afternoon Bosphorus & Black Sea Cruise
- Admission Ticket to Sakip Sabanci Museum
- Istanbul Gold Combo