OverviewIstanbul is a beautiful city, but it pays to know where to look. Join this Istanbul tour to be shown the unmistakable icons as well as the hard-to-find secret spots that make Istanbul so captivating.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Get the most out of Istanbul on a 4.5-hour sightseeing tour of the city’s top spots and hidden gems with a local guide. Learn the best places to stop for snacks, savor coffee, and sip tea as you meander between sights.
Your walking tour begins with an exploration of the city’s ancient Hippodrome, where chariot races reigned supreme for centuries. From here, you'll pay a visit to Divan Yolu. Emperor Constantine mapped out this main thoroughfare of Istanbul’s Old City (now home to tea gardens and eateries as well as Ottoman mosques and intriguing shops) in the early 3rd century.
Next up is Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar, internationally known as the first-ever shopping mall and home to an incredible array of approximately 4,000 shops. Wander through its backstreets, making a special stop at the book bazaar where Turkey’s first printed book was sold in 1729.
Continue on to the magnificent Süleymaniye Külliyesi, one of the city’s best-known sights. Marvel at the original Turkish baths — part of the larger mosque complex — and learn all about the traditional bathing ritual. Your guide will also provide local insight into Islam before whisking you off to try Turkish tea in a tea house, which offers amazing city views.
Then, it’s off to the Rustem Pasha Mosque, an Istanbul highlight. Rustem Pasha is Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan’s first octagonal-plan mosque, and its interior is covered with some of the most exquisite iznik tiles ever produced.
Your Istanbul tour wraps up in the colorful and vibrant Spice Bazaar. From here, your guide can direct you to a local lokanta (small restaurant) for lunch or provide additional tips on where to go in the city to make the most of your remaining stay.
Inclusions for Istanbul Sightseeing Tour Including Grand Bazaar, Suleymaniye Mosque And Sultanahmet
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tour of Sultanahmet, the Grand Bazaar and Book Bazaar
- Tea at a local tea house
- Visit to the Süleymaniye Mosque complex
- Visit to Rustem Pasa Mosque
Exclusions for Istanbul Sightseeing Tour Including Grand Bazaar, Suleymaniye Mosque And Sultanahmet
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Mosques have very strict dress codes. Women must wear long and loose clothing and ensure their arms, legs and head are fully covered when visiting. Men must cover above their knees and their shoulders. Otherwise you will be refused entry
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Istanbul Shore Excursion: Istanbul In One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Troy Day Trip From Istanbul
- Istanbul Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Istanbul By Night: Turkish Dinner And Show
- Istanbul Port Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port To Central Istanbul
- Istanbul By Night: Turkish Food Tour
- Istanbul Shore Excursion: Private Istanbul Express Sightseeing Tour
- Turkish Coffee Tour And Coffee-Making Class
- Full Day Bosphorus Cruise And Two Continents Tour
- By Night Dinner Cruise On The Bosphorus