Istanbul Small-Group Jewish Quarter Walking Tour Including Bosphorus Cruise And Lunch
OverviewCombine a walking tour of Istanbuls Jewish district with a dose of city sightseeing and a Bosphorus cruise on this full-day tour. Stroll around Karaky, previously known as Galata, to explore its Jewish heritage, and visit the Jewish Museum and synagogues as your guide tells you about Istanbuls Jewish community. Then, savor a 3-course lunch, enjoy a Bosphorus cruise and Golden Horn sightseeing drive, and ride a cable car up Pierre Loti Hill. Perfect if youre short on time, this small-group tour is limited to 15 for a personalized experience.
- Fully narrated tour
- Hotel pickup included
- All entrance fees included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tour
Begin your small-group tour with a pickup from your central Istanbul hotel. Relax in your air-conditioned minivan with your guide and get an introduction to the history of Istanbuls Jewish community as you set off.
Hear how, after the 1453 Ottoman conquest, Istanbul welcomed Jewish immigrants from across Europe, most of them settling in the Galata quarter north of the Golden Horn, the inlet that divides European Istanbul.
Head into historic Karaky, the modern name for ancient Galata, and explore the Jewish Museum in the Zlfaris synagogue. View the interesting artifacts and then visit the Ari Ashkenazi Synagogue, Istanbuls only working synagogue for Ashkenazi Jewish worshippers.
After admiring the interior, continue your strolls around the colorful streets. View the exteriors of other notable synagogues and see the Camondo Building, commissioned by the Ottoman-Venetian-Jewish Camondo family who became bankers to the Ottoman sultans in the 1800s.
Stop at a restaurant for a 3-course Turkish lunch, perhaps savoring staples such as succulent kebabs, and afterward, ride the cable car to the top of Pierre Loti Hill.
Soak up the unbroken views of the Golden Horn from here and then hop aboard your minivan for a panoramic tour around the inlet. Tick through the stately buildings and churches along the shores as your guide tells you their stories and secrets.
Finish with a relaxing 1.5-hour cruise on the Bosphorus, the waterway that splits Europe and Asia. Glide under the Bosphorus bridges between the two continents and admire the Ottoman mansions, mosques and landmarks such as the Rumeli Fortress as you sail.
During the afternoon, you'll also call at the Dolmabahe Palace to tour this extravagant residence, once home to six Ottoman emperors. With a guide, stroll around the lavish rooms and ogle the astonishing Crystal Staircase, whose banister posts are carved from pure crystal.
After your days exploring, your tour ends with a drop-off back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Istanbul Small-Group Jewish Quarter Walking Tour Including Bosphorus Cruise And Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 1.5-hour Bosphorus sightseeing cruise
- Pierre Loti Hill cable car ticket
- Entrance fees
- 3-course lunch
Exclusions for Istanbul Small-Group Jewish Quarter Walking Tour Including Bosphorus Cruise And Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Drinks with lunch (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.