Istanbul Two Continents And Backstreets
OverviewThe tour takes you off the beaten track of Istanbul. While discovering local markets, bazaars, and backstreets, you will also gain an overview of Turkish history, culture and the unique architecture of Istanbulon a 6-hour insider walking tour with a local guide.
Know More about this tour
- Your tour guide is going to meet you at your hotel reception at 09.00 am. If you would like to start later the day, please kindly email us what time suits you.
- You will have a chance to experience local culture while visiting some local markets, bazaars, and backstreets.
- This is a 6-hour walking tour.
- We will use public transportation such as ferry.
- You have full freedom on our tours. You can even change your mind on the day as we go.
- Firstly, we will walk aroundthe Beyazid squarewherethe old Ottoman book bazaar of Istanbulis located then we will walk down to the Tahtakale,which is a popular shopping area for local people as they are able to buy almost anything at wholesale prices. Our walk takes us to the 16th centuryRustem Pasa Mosque. The Rustem Pasha Mosque was designed by Ottoman imperial architectMimar Sinanfor thegrand vizierRstem Pasha and is famous for its Iznik tiles.
Then we will catch a ferry toKadikoy,a largely residential area on the Asian side of Istanbul. In Kadikoy, you will get to see how the local people live and visit Kadikoy's famous fish market.
We will have lunch in Kadikoy and then board another local ferry back to the European side of Istanbul.
The ferry will stop at Besiktasand from there we will catch a dolmus up toTaksim,also known asPeraand is one of the main centers of Istanbul. Walking downIstiklal Street, the main street in Taksim, you will feel like you are walking down a European Street, with many famous clothing shops, such as mango and Topshop as well as a number of Starbucks and more than 3,000 street cafes, pubs and restaurants. Taksim is almost the best place to experience the nightlife of Istanbul.
Our walk will take us toGalata tower,one of the first towers built in the world and where you can see a 360-degree view of Istanbul from the top of the tower. We will then walk toKarakoywhere we will cross theGalata Bridge, where you can see locals fishing and
From Eminonu, it is easy to get back to your hotel, you can either catch a tram or take a walk.
Inclusions for Istanbul Two Continents And Backstreets
- Local taxes
- Viator brokerage fee
- Afternoon tea
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Old city and Taksim areas hotel pick up
- Cruise port pickup and drop-off
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points if you are staying out side the old city.
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Round-trip ferry
- Public transportation
Exclusions for Istanbul Two Continents And Backstreets
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Guests must be able to walk approximately 4 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines, and 10 - 30 steps. Comfortable shoes, a hat, and plenty of sunscreens are recommended as shade is limited. The order of the tour itinerary may vary in order to avoid congestion. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries. Ladies are required to cover their heads during the mosque visit so it is handy/hygienic to bring your own scarf. Please carry your children's IDs for free admission tickets.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Traditional Boat Trip and Fener-Balat Areas Walking Tour
- Istanbul LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Admission Ticket
- 3 Day Cappadocia Pamukkale Tour From Istanbul
- Private Arrival Transfer from Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Private Tour: Masukiye, Sapanca, Kartepe Tour from Istanbul
- Hagia Sophia Museum Admission Ticket
- Private Tour: Secret Beauties of Istanbul Tour
- Best Sabiha Airport to Hotel Transfer