- Your tour guide is going to meet you at your hotel reception at 09.00 am. If you would like to start later the day, please kindly email us what time suits you.
- You will have a chance to experience local culture while visiting some local markets, bazaars, and backstreets.
- This is a 6-hour walking tour.
- We will use public transportation such as ferry.
- You have full freedom on our tours. You can even change your mind on the day as we go.
- Firstly, we will walk aroundthe Beyazid squarewherethe old Ottoman book bazaar of Istanbulis located then we will walk down to the Tahtakale,which is a popular shopping area for local people as they are able to buy almost anything at wholesale prices. Our walk takes us to the 16th centuryRustem Pasa Mosque. The Rustem Pasha Mosque was designed by Ottoman imperial architectMimar Sinanfor thegrand vizierRstem Pasha and is famous for its Iznik tiles.
Then we will catch a ferry toKadikoy,a largely residential area on the Asian side of Istanbul. In Kadikoy, you will get to see how the local people live and visit Kadikoy's famous fish market.
We will have lunch in Kadikoy and then board another local ferry back to the European side of Istanbul.
The ferry will stop at Besiktasand from there we will catch a dolmus up toTaksim,also known asPeraand is one of the main centers of Istanbul. Walking downIstiklal Street, the main street in Taksim, you will feel like you are walking down a European Street, with many famous clothing shops, such as mango and Topshop as well as a number of Starbucks and more than 3,000 street cafes, pubs and restaurants. Taksim is almost the best place to experience the nightlife of Istanbul.
Our walk will take us toGalata tower,one of the first towers built in the world and where you can see a 360-degree view of Istanbul from the top of the tower. We will then walk toKarakoywhere we will cross theGalata Bridge, where you can see locals fishing and
From Eminonu, it is easy to get back to your hotel, you can either catch a tram or take a walk.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 8 Hrs
Departure Time :
09:00 am Monday to Saturday., 10.00 am on Sundays.
Departure Details :
Hotel, cruise port or Airport.
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewThe tour takes you off the beaten track of Istanbul. While discovering local markets, bazaars, and backstreets, you will also gain an overview of Turkish history, culture and the unique architecture of Istanbulon a 6-hour insider walking tour with a local guide.
Know More about this tour
- Local taxes
- Viator brokerage fee
- Afternoon tea
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Old city and Taksim areas hotel pick up
- Cruise port pickup and drop-off
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points if you are staying out side the old city.
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Round-trip ferry
- Public transportation
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Guests must be able to walk approximately 4 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines, and 10 - 30 steps. Comfortable shoes, a hat, and plenty of sunscreens are recommended as shade is limited. The order of the tour itinerary may vary in order to avoid congestion. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries. Ladies are required to cover their heads during the mosque visit so it is handy/hygienic to bring your own scarf. Please carry your children's IDs for free admission tickets.
You Might Also Like
- 2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Small-Group Istanbul in One Day Tour Including Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia
- Whirling Dervish Show in Istanbul
- Princes Island Tour from Istanbul: Buyukada
- Pamukkale Day Trip From Istanbul
- Bosphorus Strait Cruise with Rumeli Fortress or Kcksu Palace Tour
- Private Tour: Istanbul in One Day Sightseeing Tour including Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace
- 5-Day Aegean Tour from Istanbul: Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamum, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Pamukkale and Hierapolis