Itajime Shibori Scarf Class - Kyoto
OverviewLearn how to make your own shibori scarf while in Kyoto with this 30 minute class. Shibori art pieces, tools and samples are displayed on the exhibition floor. In the museum shop, there are a variety of original items, souvenirs and fabrics for you to peruse.
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- All necessary equipment included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAt the Kyoto Shibori Museum, your Japanese craft class shows you how to dye a 70-inch x 17-inch (180cm x 44cm) silk scarf in two different colors using the itajime shibori method. You'll end up with a beautiful scarf to serve as a souvenir of your trip to Kyoto. Classes are usually individual and take 30 minutes to 60 minutes per class.
Start by choosing your favorite colors and learning how to fold your fabric in a particular way. Choose some shapes to clamp with and clamp them together, and then dye your fabric with the first color. Unclamp the shapes and change them or replace the same shapes, and clamp them together again; then dye your fabric with the second color. Unclamp the shapes, roll your fabric with a towel, and press it. Then unfold your fabric to see the results.
While your fabric is drying (about 30 minutes), you'll learn more about shibori. Browse art pieces, tools, and samples displayed in the museum, and try on a shibori kimono, if you wish. The museum shop also sells a variety of shibori items, souvenirs, fabrics, and more.
Inclusions for Itajime Shibori Scarf Class
- Admission fee
- Guided tour of the museum
- Kimono-fitting service
Exclusions for Itajime Shibori Scarf Class
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Adult pricing applies to all ages
Not wheelchair accessible
Two car parking and bicycle parking spaces are available
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.